⁰²⁶ DAY NINE

an update! cause! i! love! every! single! one! of you!

*WARNING* quite dramatic and long. idk if this one'll make you cry buckets but i really hope you do cause i cried writing the first part in this. i'm so sorry, this one had just to be written. this by far is my favorite of all chapters and, um, just a warning. you might hate jeongguk even more.

DAY 9SCENE XIV - ACT I : SOLOMON'S DOWNFALL

DAY 9
SCENE XIV - ACT I : SOLOMON'S DOWNFALL

"was it fun?" jiho's voice came out fragile - broken even. the moment jeongguk stepped out of the bathroom, jiho just couldn't contain the pain, sorrow and anger that ran in her still broken body.

jeonggguk froze, eyes immediately trailing on the woman seated on the edge of the bed as her head faced the floor, her fingers trembling. the man stopped drying his still damp hair as his thoughts became clouded with confusion, pondering what jiho meant.

"f-fun?" jeongguk squeaked, feet dragging itself to seat beside jiho. the man felt an unpleasant aura wrap around the room but he was still completely clueless. fun? he thought once more, still finding no answer why jiho would've asked that the moment he stepped out of bath.

jeongguk's eyes trailed on jiho's trembling hands once again before his heart churned - yesterday, oh yesterday was such a traumatic experience for jiho and what was even worse was he wasn't beside her when it happened.

the thought of jiho trembling with fear as jin's clammy hands touched her made the blood boil on jeongguk's body. it was me, i'm at fault. i couldn't and didn't do anything when i promised - when i promised to protect her. unable to contain the guilt and pain he had in his heart, he tried to hold jiho's hand against his - only to be pushed away and be slapped straight on his right cheek, harshly.

wh-

hand trailing on his left throbbing cheek, jeongguk felt jiho move away and even before he could've registered what happened, jiho's broken voice rang on his ears and he swore, he swore that the words escaped in her dear lips crushed his heart into pieces.

"don't touch me . . . you! you monster!"

m-monster?

lips quivering, he once remembered how taehyung called him one and he felt nothing about it, but hearing it escape on the tips of jiho's lips - hearing it coming from her made his heart crack as it leave him breathless and gasping for air. "wha-wh-"

jiho cut jeongguk once more, "how dare you? how could you? haven't you had enough? haven't you had enough of hurting me?! was it really fun?! was it fun toying with my feelings?!"

jeongguk couldn't understand what jiho was coming from. yes, he knew jiho could be upset about what happened yesterday but when his eyes met jiho's tear stricken green ones, he knew, he knew that it wasn't just about yesterday. it was something deeper that made her snap at him.