⁰²³ NIGHT EIGHT

*warning!* this will be quite saddening and pls don't hate nichu! this was quite hard to write, i had an internal conflict. :( —xoxo, nick ♥

SCENE XIV - ACT II NIGHT EIGHT - WHAT LIES BEYOND

SCENE XIV - ACT II
NIGHT EIGHT - WHAT LIES BEYOND

"can you really manage to go home on your own?"

jiho nodded, wanting taehyung to go home first. the man's wary voice rang on her ears as he wouldn't let go of jiho's hand, the two stood infront of the entrance of the office as the man's face contorted with worry – completely hesitant of letting the woman on her own. it was twenty-hundred and the time to go home.

" i'm about to go home, will you still fetch me? "

" i'm going to wait at the lobby, take care on your way. "

jiho had contacted jeongguk twenty minutes ago and she was just waiting for his arrival. after the incident, jiho tried to contact jeongguk but only his receiver seemed to take her calls. he's busy all day and he didn't even reply. will he still make it? he said he's going to fetch me. i believe in him. it was quite making her feel troubled and uneasy, there was a little voice saying that jeongguk wasn't going to make it but even after everything, she pushed the thoughts away. jiho believed and knew, she knew that despite not feeling the same way, the man wasn't that despicable to leave her alone when her stalker is lurking in the area.

"i can take you home if you'd let me" taehyung spoke once more, squeezing jiho's cold hands. to say that jiho didn't like the way taehyung's strong and warm hand envelope hers was an understatement, the woman was still shaken because of what happened before and tae's presence was calming her.

"n—no, i'm going to be fine and—" jiho hesitated, not knowing whether to speak of jeongguk's name but, taehyung just had to press the topic further. "and?"

"—he's . . . he's going to fetch me" whispering those words seemed so hard as she couldn't help but look away. jiho felt remorseful as the moment those words escaped, taehyung's grip on her hand loosened. gaze lingering on the floor, it was clearly obvious how taehyung treasured her and yet here she was speaking of him. him who has hurt her in many ways possible. "o—oh, he's . . . he's coming"

taehyung's voice couldn't be mistaken but fragile as it broke midway "r—really?" "y—yes" after that word escaped on the tips of jiho's lips, taehyung slowly freed jiho's skin and the woman felt so lost and cold. the man was warm and welcoming, she wanted him to not let go of her but, she couldn't be selfish and keep on hurting taehyung just because he was willing to care.