⁰³⁰ [ INTERLUDE ➏ ]

um, so i'm rly sorry for the late update my honey and oh! there's going to be alot of time skips so, keep in mind of the time! —xoxo, nick ♥ 

INTERLUDE ➏ 

09:00

it's almost been an hour, an hour ever since i've arrived in the office and yet i couldn't have the energy to do anything. i couldn't find the strength to have my brain gears work and analyze. there's a stack pile of paperwork beside my desk and i know it'll take more than one sitting to finish and read all of those papers but, i can't.

i can't think properly — my mind won't let me.

" —aren't you the one who pushed me away?!"

eyes widening as i felt the way my heart churned against my chest, breathing became hard. for almost the umpteenth time in this morning, the words she had said as tears run down on her porcelain cheeks were so clear and  vividly replaying inside my thoughts.

it's true. i'm the one who pushed her away and i wanted that to happen and yet

my eyes trailed unintentionally to the golden ring that hung on my finger — in a spur of moment, my eyes suddenly saw the image of jiho throwing the golden ring to me. hands inching its way onto one of my pockets, i shakily fished the ring she had once wore.

"—you said you don't love me, anymore—" as if spears stabbing my heart raw, i couldn't help the way my eyes glossed against my vision, i'm a mess.  sighing shakily, all i've been doing for the past hour was stare blankly in the white screen as my hand rest futilely on the keyboard.

i was okay, right? i was okay way before i entered this office. i was okay and i was functioning as if the argument with jiho never happened. when i carried her this morning for yeon, i was able to smile and pretend as if we never had a heated argument. i was fine, i was good . . . and i know what i was supposed to do before i came here, i know what i'm opted to do but now . . . i can't focus—