⁰³⁶ NIGHT ELEVEN

SHE GOT AWAY 
NIGHT ELEVEN
SCENE XVI - ACT II

all it takes to shake up jiho's day was an unexpected phone call

"are you done yet?" jiho heard taehyung's teasing tone as if mocking her from being a slowpoke. "deal with it, sir. damn you for giving me tons of things to do—" 

"you could have just left them for tomorrow, i mean it wasn't my fault that you're just so slow—" "i wouldn't do that for pete's sake, sir" she wouldn't? more like couldn't. all day, the woman had kept herself busy with paperwork. jiho had initially kept herself busy to not let her mind wander off into space and think of things that'll leave her into a pool of tears.

letting out a not-so-manly whine, her boss rolled his eyes teasingly, "look at this woman, you act all goody-two-shoes and innocent, calling me sir but the way you speak is so informal. you hypocrite" taehyung crossed his arms as he eyed the woman with a sick grin. 

a chuckle escaping on jiho's lips, the woman strode to where the man was stood, "oh puhlease! you love it when i act this way, sir" a wide grin gracing taehyung's heart lips, "point given miss—"

interruption and a sudden breakout, a rare sight of mihyun panicking was what jiho's eyes caught. phone in her hand and eyes glossy, the moment mihyun suddenly entered her office, jiho knew something was wrong. "mimi—" "jiho!" cutting another sentence, the assistant secretary almost tripped on her way to hold jiho's hand. worried, jiho trudged to mimi as she tried to calm her down . . . only to be slapped with a rather harsh reality.

"jiho – jeongguk, jeongguk's company called!" at the mention of those words, jiho's heart dropped. what happened? jiho encouraged mimi to talk further as she traced soothing patterns on the other woman's hands but mihyun only handed the phone she held unto jiho's shaky ones.ello—"

"j—jiho, is that you?" yugyeom. hearing yugyeom's shaky voice ring on her ears made her mind scheme countless of possibilities of the call's reason. nonetheless, she tried to bury the negativity in the back of her head as she tried to focus and listen.

"god jiho, thank god. i—jeongguk—i—he—" tired of the broken words and shushing the panicked man, jiho tried to ease the man on the other line. "calm down, yeom. just tell me what happened and i'll try to do what i can" the woman was quite surprised of how calm those words came out of her mouth when deep inside, she was nothing but a storm.

a hiccup and a sigh, jiho prepared herself for what was there to come. "y—you see, j—jeongguk had a sudden panic attack a few hours ago, we managed to miraculously calm him down but once he regained self-control he refused to let anyone near him. he almost pounced on namjoon and lilia when they tried to take him to the hospital. we tried everything we could and we're starting to get worried of what was going on inside his office because he locked his door and the lights were off and we were hearing grunts coming from him and i—" jiho has heard enough. regaining composure as she pressed the end button and returned the phone on mihyun, the woman's body seemed to move on its own as she raced to the parking lot and drove to jeongguk's office, all the voices that seemed to call for her were shut into silence.