⁰³⁸ [ INTERLUDE ➒ ]

SHE GOT AWAY
INTERLUDE ➒ 

SHE GOT AWAYINTERLUDE ➒ 

in which i have never thought jinyeon would bring that up. 

the night was still young when jinyeon and i arrived at home. letting jiho go to their office despite a day off gave me an immense bad feeling and, as much as i tried to push the unnecessary feelings away, i couldn't seem to brush the conflicting feelings off. 

i should trust her. it's okay, there's nothing wrong. everything's going to be okay. everything is—

remembering the way jiho's face scrunched into fear as she had received the call made my mind formulate different bizarre scenarios as it slowly drove me insane–no, i'm not okay. what if there was something wrong, what if she got caught on an accident on her way to their office. what if lilia came to to the office again and they needed her to fix it? what if it was her lecherous boss?!

paranoia clouding my thoughts, i couldn't calm my nerves even if the cold shower should let me release the steam inside me. what's happening to me? i should calm down. there's nothing wrong, she's okay. she texted me when she arrived at the office and i should just wait 'til she arrives . . . yeah, that's right. she's going home sooner or later.

pulling myself together, i let the cold water distract me from the conflicting thoughts. after having a decent bath, i decided to check my son if he was already asleep, i should make myself useful if i'm going to wait for jiho's arrival but what caught me off guard was to see jinyeon waiting for me at the master's bedroom sitting on the soft mattress with deep thoughts.

"hey, buddy. what are you upto? " i asked, sitting beside my witty boy as i dried my still damp hair. the boy had his gaze fixated on the floor as he played with his fingers, clearly distracted as he didn't even flinch when i spoke. the boy must've not heard me, for a second, i realized how much of a carbon copy was jinyeon to me. he had my features – doe like eyes, thin upper lip and pointy nose but despite that all, his heart was of jiho's. the child may look a complete copy of me but his personality is much like his mother - kind and understanding, they always try to see the good in a person but there's always a point of no return. once their trust is broken, it would take a long time before they would warm up to the person who broke their heart.