Chapter 1

Prologue

"Congratulations, you're pregnant" the doctor said.

"What? This can't be happening. Are you sure he's pregnant? oh my God.. I'm going to be sick." Harry got up rushing towards the toilet whilst avoiding running into people but didn't succeed he knocked over a chair, a magazine from a table and a plant on a window sill while trying to hold on, he was also feeling dizzy.

"Oh poor soul, morning sickness has got him bad."

Zayn heard someone saying and just rolled his eyes walking towards Harry.

"Haz," Zayn rubbed Harry's back who was dry heaving over the toilet bowl. He put a wet paper towels at the back of Harrys neck hoping that will a soothing effect.
"Babe, are you okay?"

"I'm not okay. I don't think I'm ready to be a father. I'm 21, you know I always dreamed about travelling the world. How can I do that with a baby on board? I can't do this." Harry said shaking his head looking at Zayn. "I'm sorry, Zee" tears fell down his face at the implications this might have on their relationship.

Zayn looked at Harry, the tears running down his own cheeks, he should hate him right now for wanting to jump ship, but he can't. He loves Harry way too much. He knew all about his plans for back packing around the world, they stayed up all night talking about that.

Harry daydreamed about possible adventures and has never been one to be tied down in one place. His first attempt at having a boyfriend lasted two weeks. And when it ended he was already planning a night out and getting smashed to celebrate his 'heartbreak'. Note inverted commas. He wasn't heartbroken. He felt free.

Harry did confess to Zayn though that he never felt the 'zing' with the then boyfriend Shawn and had wanted to break it off after two days but kept it going for his mom's sake as she always called him flighty and not good with commitments.

Zayn laughed so hard at that. Was it funny now? It was his turn? Harry was leaving him. Now as he looked Harry he couldn't help that thought coming through his mind. Yes he loves Harry and probably fell in love with him the day they met. He wants Harry so much in his life, he doesn't know how he will cope without him.

But he also knows Harry can't cope with being tied down even by a possibility of having a family. And he would never force Harry to stay. So, he did what felt right at that moment, gave Harry a big hug, squeezing really tight, reassuring him that it'll be alright. Letting him know he's forgiven. That he is after all his best friend, he doesn't hate him, he could never hate him.

Harry clinged onto him, crying in Zayn's shoulder and mumbling I'm sorry' over and over. Zayn pulled away, looked at Harry's tear stricken face. He kissed him on the cheek, wiped the tears, kissed him on the forehead, lastly the mouth. It was his goodbye.

"I love you Harry and I wish you the best" Zayn said, then walked away not waiting for him to answer back.

He was trying not to have a meltdown. His legs took him to his car without giving way. But he was not about to have a break down in the car park. And he wanted to be the one to walk away so Harry doesn't have to feel too guilty. He took his phone out of his pocket as soon as he was safely inside his car.

His hand was shaking as he dialled the only person who can always pick him up and put him together.
He cried down the phone after his mom picked up.

"Mommy, can I come home?"

"Of course you can baby" his mom said, she's never asked questions.

Zayn cried some more after that as he drove off. Harry didn't miss the tears falling down Zayn's cheeks. He never wanted to be the one responsible for Zayn crying. His heart sank. What had he done?