Chapter 18

"No no no...not today"

Harry was driving home, panicking. There'd been an emergency at work and as a manager he'd been called in obviously. Ben was not available, off on a week retreat with his family. To say he was angry after he was told what the problem was, is an understatement.

A leak. A fucking leak, is he a fucking plumber? No. He is a manager, yes. But there's also a supervisor in charge when he was not there, so why the fuck did they call him. It's not like customers were tripping, falling over themselves, no fuck. They don't even get to be part of the bloody leak, cause it was in the bloody staff room. A fucking 'drip drop' he calls it, cause the taps in the sink were not shutting off properly for whatever fucking reasons. It was so hard to think when the first word that kept springing in his mind was fuck.

He had calmly gave the numbers that should have been called instead of him to his supervisor who happen to be Ben's cousin so he couldn't really yell at him. But to avoid any outburst on his side...he wrote a note, 'call this number' gave it to him with a nod and left.

But that's not really why he's panicking. Niall called him to say Zayn thinks he's in labour. He's only been gone an hour, to sort out the shit at work, leaving Niall in charge. When did that even happen? The doctor have warned them Zayn can go into labour any day, but the d-day, aka Zayn's due date, aka C-section day, is tomorrow and not today. And the date is special because it is also his own birthday, February 1st.

Him and his baby girl are supposed to have the same born day. What the hell happened in the hour he's been gone? The phone buzzed again, oh no, what now. He quickly parked as he's still ten to fifteen minutes away from home, he doesn't want any accident. He couldn't help think about Zayn, crying and upset that he wasn't there.

"Where are you?" text from Louis. They can't be in hospital already, last time he checked Louis was at work. There is a plan. When Zayn goes into labour, Liam would drive them to hospital. Louis and Niall would meet them in hospital. Not like this.

"On my way back..where are you?" he texted back, put the phone in between his legs and was about to start the car, when it rang and he quickly answered.

"Louis, what's wrong? Where's Zayn?" Harry fire.

"Haz?" Zayn's voice came on the line.

"Baby, what's wrong. Are you in labour?"

"I think so.." Zayn whispered.

"I'm ten minutes away, can you hold on till I get there, baby, huh? Are you in pain? Has your water broke. Oh God, your water broke and I wasn't there to put it in the baby book" Harry was breathing hard, he's got a baby book to put everything from labour, to birth, first poop, first burp, first word, all the firsts.

"Haz..." Zayn laughed at him, but then stopped when a wave of pain hit him, he screamed in pain, "it fucking hurts, Haz"

"Is your water broke, baby?" Harry asked heart beating fast at the thought of him being in pain.

"No, Haz, not yet"

"Where's Niall? Actually, where's Louis, nevermind about Niall?"

"Niall has passed out" Zayn's giggled but was cut short by pain again, "oww.." he winced.

"He bloody passed out. Fuck." Harry cursed the bloody weak leprechaun. Why did he leave the safety of his daughter and boyfriend on Niall. He should have just called Liam or his mom, anyone really. This was not happening-

"Haz, are you there?" Zayn asked as he didn't say anything.

"I'm here, sorry baby, where is Louis?"

"What do you mean, Haz?"