Chapter 35

"Harry, hi." Jake nodded his head as they met up.

"Hi, Jake.."

"I thought that was you when I saw that Land rover." Jake chuckled, "How are you then?"

"I'm good and I'm after a Christmas tree. Zayn told me about your uncle so here I am." Harry said twisting the truth a bit.

"He is not helping then, lazy much?" Jake said lightly.

"He's home with the baby and doesn't celebrate Christmas, as this is for my indulgence, I don't mind"

"Ok fair enough. He has not been at work lately, is he ok? We're closed till after new year's, so I'm not gonna see him much, you know"

"You miss him then," Harry asked.

"Of course I do," Jake said. "I miss his laughter..plus he's my boss"

"He's got the best laugh hasn't he?"

"Yeah." Jake sighed, "Anyway. business at hand, trees, big or small?"

"Definitely big." Harry nodded, "its my baby's first Christmas."

"So you want a tree memorable enough to put in the baby book?"

"Hey..who told you about that, not that I'm hiding it or ashamed"

"Zee..told me about it. He thinks it's funny"

"Mmm.." Harry hummed.

"Big trees this way...preferences?"

"Actually I'm not that fussy, as long as it's big"

"I'm sure you hear that a lot.."

"You know it.." Harry laughed as he found the tree he likes, its not like he hasn't been here and already knew what he wanted.

Afterwards Harry decided they should have hot chocolate, Jake looking at him suspicious but agreed. They sat down in the makeshift cafe after Harry got their chocolates, surrounded by trees.

"What are you after Styles? Why am I getting special treatment?" Jake teased smiling at him. "Can i guess Louis has something to do with this? Us meeting like this, and having chocolate and shit?"

Harry smiled, "What did you hear then? You spill.."

"Louis talks and we do work together." Jake said.

"Did he say anything worth listening to?" Harry said drinking his chocolate.

"Nah." Jake shook his head, "Just the usual bitching, you know."

Harry grinned, "Why do I get the feeling you and me are about to have a mutual interest?"

"What's that then? Zayn?"

Harry's smile dropped, "Don't go there mate.."

"I'm just kidding with you."

Harry stared at him as Jake looked away distracted by someone taking loudly in a distance. In honestly, Jake was a good looking guy. "I've got a question. Why did you and Zayn not work out if you don't mind me asking?"

"It was because of you." Jake said, "Well, you were one of two reasons we didn't work out"

"Me?" Harry asked hand in his chest.

"You were his first crush, Harry. No one get over their first crush." Jake said.

Harry was hit by dejavu. Jake had told him that before.
"Zayn was and still is my first crush too, so I concur. No one gets over their first crush. How did you meet?"