Chapter 7

"Faster Harry...come on faster!!!"

Laughter, screaming and dogs barking madly coming from the backyard could be heard inside the house. Safaa, Zayn's youngest sister, was the one screaming for Harry to run faster as he gave her a piggyback.

They were being chased by the Malik family dogs, not chasing more like jumping around Harry excitedly, while he pretended to be running away to entertain Safaa. All the boys were in Zayn's house to celebrate his successful deal sealed with the developers for his business expansion. His father had invited them for the celebrations and Trisha had been cooking most of the afternoon so excited and proud.

It was not a hidden secret, but everyone knew Zayn was her favourite, her sonshine. Doniya his eldest sister was helping along with some of their cousins. The house was modern, big and beautiful in a quiet affluent suburban area with business owners. There was an entertainment room which is where the boys were lounging, watching football, drinking beer and eating snacks Trisha prepared for them.

The room had a glass sliding patio door, they could see Harry, Safaa and some of his young cousins messing about. Zayn was watching Harry, smiling fondly at him and thinking about how he would be a great dad.

"I'm not sure who's having more fun. Harry? the kids? or the dogs?" Liam observed.

"Definitely Harry" Niall said laughing,

"Yep Harry" Louis agreed.

Zayn just chuckled quietly looking on fondly as the dogs managed to entangle themselves in Harry's legs causing him to trip and fall. Harry just about managed to catch himself to stop himself tripping on Safaa.

"You told him about hiring Luke yet?" Liam asked Zayn pointing at Harry who was walking back to the house faking a limp, the kids were laughing, walking beside him.

"What? I didn't hire him." Zayn said. "He doesn't work for me. Who told you I hired Luke?"

"Louis did." Liam answered.

"No I did not, Liam. Stop telling tales" Louis denied.

"But-" Liam started.

Louis cut him off. "I did not.." he kept denying making everyone else thinks he actually did tell Liam.

"Harry is going to flip when he hears that, you need to tell him, Zee" Niall said as Harry stepped inside and he overheard.

"Tell who what?" Harry asked no one in particular.

"Zayn hired his ex, Jake as our new tattoo artist" Louis blurted out.

"Excuse me what?" Harry came to sit next to Zayn.

"Zayn hired Jake." Liam said. "I heard from the horse's mouth actually that Jake works at the tattoo ship now. I saw him at the gym, he told me to guess where he got a new job. I made false guesses until he told where he works with Zayn and Louis. I asked Louis about it, he told me you offered Jake the job yourself, Zayn."

"Jake told me same story actually." Niall said. "But he told me Zayn handpicked him and not to tell Harry about it otherwise he'll get jelly."

Zayn glared at everyone for the unfair roasting. Why was everyone throwing him under the bus, knowing how much Harry cant stand Jake. "Can you stop with that. I didn't hire Jake."

"Someone certainly hired him because he's certain he works for you, bro." Niall looked at Louis then Zayn. "Fess up, Zayn_"

"Fess up what, Niall?" Zayn scoffed. "And excuse me weren't you the one who suggested to consider Jake in the first place when I mentioned I was expanding my business?"