Chapter 39

The wedding was happening. Harry was all smiles as he told their mom's and boys. The mood pick up as news spread to the Malik/Styles family, everyone was smiling again. Thanks to their big ass house, their backyard was big enough for people to sit comfortably on chairs and blankets.

And thanks to Harry there were still some Christmas lights decorations, which created a nice romantic atmosphere, perfect for their wedding. Yaser and the boys moved the dining table and chairs to backyard and Anne decorated it with a gorgeous pink cloth and flowers from the garden.

Everything was set, except for the minister, it was hard to find one at short notice. But as fate will have it, Ed can officiate their wedding. Who knew he got ordained online.

No one..literally no one. Ed's capabilities were out of this world, an alien he was, Louis said.

So at six in the evening, with their families and friends present, Zayn and Harry were getting married.

Harry wore black pants, a pink button down shirt, black blazer and black boots

Harry wore black pants, a pink button down shirt, black blazer and black boots. He stood waiting for Zayn with Niall and Gemma as groomsmen and maid of honour. Liam and Louis were Zayn's groomsmen. The altar was a small table, covered with white cloth and some candles. Simple but effective. The plan was the ceremony would have to be short, Harry couldn't risk Zayn collapsing again.

Harry smiled so wide seeing Zayn with Yaser walking him down their makeshift aisle. Zayn was wearing a black Armani suit and black shirt. He looked good as always in black breathtakingly beautiful his smile wide matching Harry's. Harry joined their hands together as soon as Zayn was close enough and stood facing each other then nodded for Ed to commence ceremony.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, witnessing Zayn and Harry unite in marriage_" Ed started looking at them as they gaze at each other, lost in their own world. "This ceremony today is a symbol of how far you have come these past few years. No matter what challenges you face, you now face them together, the love between you joins you as one. I believe the grooms have a few words to share. Harry, do you wanna start, say your vows?"

Harry nodded before taking Zayn's hands and kissed them. "Zayn, today you have been to hell and back. Sitting on those cold ass hospital chairs got me thinking not only about why they can't afford cushions but about weddings..The ideal wedding is not about dresses and cakes, it's about love shared between two people. And today, on my birthday and our baby's first birthday, I take you Zayn to be my best friend, my one true love. I promise to love you truly through good times and bad. I will always be there to laugh with you and to lift you up when you are down. I promise to love you unconditionally, always.." Harry stopped seeing Zayn cry, he wiped his eyes, kissed him on the cheeks and mouth.

"You don't get to kiss your groom yet, Harry.." Ed said making everyone laughed, "Zayn, it's your turn to say your vows."

"My vows_wow. what can I say. Today, I marry my best friend. My best friend who has taught me to breathe in the amazing and to hold on through the awful, cry and scream if I have to. And today I got to see how in a blink of an eye, life can be amazing and then awful, heartbreakingly awful....but then it gets amazing and beautiful again. So, I'm breathing in the amazing as I marry you Harry and holding on to your promise to stand by me through the awful...." Zayn said tearing up, choking on his words, wiping his tears.

There wasn't a dry eye in their backyard, as Harry and Zayn wiped each other's tears.

"Okay, it's time to exchange the rings..." Ed said. "Who's got the rings?"

"That'll be me." Niall took a step closer, and gave Ed the rings. "The bestest man of them all_"

"It's not a competition, Niall." Louis said rolling his eyes.

"It's certainly is not a competition." Ed smiled looking at Harry and Zayn. "They are equal partners. So as I give you these rings and need you to both repeat after me, at the same time." He gave them each a ring.

"I wear this ring as a symbol of our love and a reminder of our vows_"

They both said at the same time, repeating after Ed and smiling widely at on another.

"Okay, with that out of the way, I pronounced you as husbands, Harry you may now kiss your husband"

Everyone cheered as Harry kissed Zayn softly, "I love you."

"Love you too, Haz." Zayn kissed him again before they turned to face everyone.

It may not be what Harry initially planned for their wedding day, but it was everything he ever wanted, marrying Zayn. Hugs and congratulations from their parents and friends, He couldn't be happier, this was the best way to celebrate his birthday.

They held the reception in the backyard. Trisha and Anne had managed to cook a mini buffet. It was cold outside but no one seem bothered, they all covered up in blankets. Harry kept Zayn warm, his arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"Can we have toast?" Louis asked looking at Trisha and Anne.

"I don't see why not." Anne said. "It's a wedding after all."

"Okay then. I would like to say something as one of the best men." Louis said looking at the newly wed couple. "First of all, Harry well done mate on making sure you never get to forget your anniversary getting married on you birthday, really?"

Harry chuckled shaking his head. "What can I say, I'm special." he said raising his glass at Louis. "Cheers."

"Cheers." Louis raised a glass at him. "But seriously, I love both of you, this year has had its ups and downs, but it's been wonderful to watch you grow into your love..and here's to many more years of love. To the newlyweds everyone!"

"To the newlyweds!" Everyone raised their glasses saluting Harry and Zayn.

"And to you all! Thank you all so much." Harry said nodding at everyone. "And now my husband and I would like it if you us_" he chuckled, "My husband. I like the sound of that." He kissed him again, because why not, "As I was saying, join us as we dance to our wedding song. Bear in mind the song I'm going to play is Zayn's favourite song. So sing or dance along with us please."

Harry then scrolled down his playlist on his phone, when he found the song, he connected to a speaker and pressed play:

"Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright..."

Zayn laughed when Three little birds' by Bob Marley, began playing. He wasn't expecting that at all. "How is this a wedding song, Haz?"

"It is our wedding song, baby. Dance with me." Harry offered his hand, helped him up onto his feet for their dance and snaked his arm around Zayn's waist. "You feel better?"

"Much better, thanks." Zayn smiled wrapping his arms
around Harry's neck who leaned in to kiss him. They kissed as everyone danced around them, Zayn moved his head back to look at baby Yazz who was giggling.

He smiled seeing her dancing with Niall her little feet on his shoes.

"It looks like birthday girl is enjoying herself." He said to Harry.

"Told you she would. I am too." Harry spun him around, so Zayn's back was against his chest and held him in a right grip, as he sang softly in his ear.

🎼Rise up this morning, smiled with rising sun, three little birds, pitch by my doorstep, singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true..saying this is my message to you-ou-ou, singing don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright.🎼

Zayn closed his eyes listening to Harry's soothing voice. Harry couldn't have chosen a more perfect song. It was a song about hope. No matter how hard life hit you. It was going to be alright. Don't worry.

"I love you Harry Styles" Zayn said leaning into him.

"I love you Zayn Styles"

A perfect ending to an imperfect day. Love hurts for sure, it is worth it? when all roads leads to Zayn Styles, then hell yeah.