Chapter 14

Everything has to be perfect. The club was not too busy being weekday. It was perfect for a conversation, not too loud. Harry and Zayn had been texting almost everyday for a month or so. There may have been some kisses shared since the last time they met. Zayn is still in his parents house, saying he needed his mom's help dealing with morning sickness. Zayn loves him, still.

Had told him so, which was a relief. But doesn't trust him, he's afraid Harry will change his mind and leave him for the round the world trip. He's emotional lately, pregnancy hormones. Harry understand doesn't want to push, he does want him back home, hopefully soon.

It's strange being alone in their flat, Zayn had always been there before they were boyfriends, he missed him, they've always been best of friends. He's spent a weekend at home, his mom and stepdad happy to see him, his sister Gemma in university. They knew about Zayn's pregnancy. Trisha told them excited, but they had waited for Harry to call. His mom, Anne had told him to treat Zayn not only as a boyfriend but as a friend, cause you never want to disappoint your friends, isn't it? His mom was excited for her first grand child, the better be more to come, she said as she knitted some booties for the baby. She cant wait..

He was making sure everything was perfect cause Zayn had agreed to meet him for dinner, a date hopefully. He got them the best table, he's the manager after all. It was Ben's idea, his boss to ask Zayn for dinner. The reasoning was if he agreed then it means they will be alright. He was hoping Louis and Liam don't tag along.

"Harry, hello."

Harry turned to see Niall. He looked at him puzzled.
"Niall what are you doing here?" Harry asked. He didn't invite him he would've remembered doing so..

"Ha ha very funny Haz. I'm here for my birthday dinner." Niall stated.

Oh fuck! Niall's birthday. Was it today, what day was it? How could he forget that. This can't be fucking happening!Harry's mind was in overdrive. He's such a shitty friend. He's supposed to have dinner date, yes it's a date. Unless, Zayn agreed because he thought it was Niall's birthday dinner. Niall hates big birthday parties, preferred dinner and drinks with friends, he doesn't mind the cake though. Oh God, he's screwed.

"Niall." Harry prayed he didn't look too flustered, "Did the guys say what time they'll be here? I need to make sure everything is ready" he lied.

"Louis said to get here for seven, they should be here soon."

Fuck Louis. Fuck, fuck him! He did this. Harry ranted in his own head.

"Niall, take a seat, yeah. I'll be back.." Harry walked to his office. Shit, he had to make some changes. Getting rid of Louis would take longer to plan. So, one thing at a time. Being a good friend was pushed up on his list.

Zayn was first, obviously.

Harry asked one of the servers to see to Niall, "Give him anything he wants it's his birthday." He told them.

He went to Ben's office, "Change of plans.." he said to him. closing the door. He confessed to Ben he forgot about his friend's birthday and felt horrible, he's been so focused on doing right by Zayn.

Ben like a good boss he was wanted Harry to still enjoy his date with Zayn without worry, while Niall didn't suspect foul play. Harry told him he was going to be a father and was rooting for him and Zayn to get back together. So, Ben took over arranging hors d'oeuvres and told him not to worry, he'll sort the food and even the cake. Harry had to hug him he was best boss ever.

Next issue, presents. Thankfully Harry was organised when it comes to that, he had Christmas presents ready to be wrapped up, thanking his mom for that gift. Some of the presents were in his office, thank goodness. So, he pulled one out for Niall. Phew..