Chapter 13

🎶I can be your hero, baby🎶
🎶I can kiss away the pain🎶
🎶I will stand by you forever🎶
🎶You can take my breath away🎶

Louis was singing softly to Zayn. His head was on his lap, he was massaging and playing with his hair. Zayn always said music is therapeutic. He's always listened to music when he was younger and still do. He listened to all types of music, it was never about the genre of the music, just lyrics and he would interpret whatever he was feeling into his drawings. His dad loved soul music, Zayn would watch him dancing with his mom. He may not had friends then but his family were enough, he never felt like he was missing out. And all his childhood memories were happy ones.

Louis was still getting his head around his best friend being pregnant. He may have passed out when Trisha told him about the pregnancy. Zayn hadn't called him after he went to the doctors with Harry that day and Louis fearing the worst, had called him and Trisha had answered Zayn's phone telling him to come over she can't say anything over the phone.

He had rushed over, found Zayn on the couch cuddled with Trisha. Next thing he remembered was being slapped on the face to wake up, having apparently fainted when Trisha told him the news.

He was happy for his best friend, his happiness was tainted however when he heard what Harry had told Zayn. And to think people always wondered why he didn't trust that boy, Pfft. Harry may be nothing but a fucking tall tool right now, but he is the baby daddy and Zayn missed him terribly. He sniffs and cries everytime he hears Harry's name.

Louis needs to fix what has happened. Zayn's parents were understanding of Harry. They said he will come around, he's probably just shocked, he's younger than Zayn after all, Yaser had said. One bloody year younger Louis scoffed at Yaser who was excited about being a glampa. Yep that's what he called himself, the root of Zayn's vainness finally solved.

Zayn was tired he's had his ultrasound today. Louis went along with him of course, Liam was the driver. At least Zayn was coming at work and his appetite was back too. He's eating for two no doubt. Louis had watched him vacuum down two cheeseburgers and strawberry milkshake after demanding they detour to McDonald's on the way to the scan. Louis had to hit Liam on the head when he asked "would that not show on your tummy instead of the baby?" Stupid fucker, he is.

Louis had browsed through the leaflets in the waiting room, and when he saw one about condoms and contraceptives he'd shown Liam. "This would save the world from a lot of grief if people actually read these you know" he had commented and Liam had glared at him and said, "Louis, drop it"

Liam was still protective of Zayn, had helped him lie down on the trolley for the doctor to examine him. The doctor had asked if they were Zayn's friends because he remembered Harry being with Zayn on his last visit.

"I'm Louis, the father, Liam here is the stepfather" Louis has replied.

Zayn had rolled his eyes, but smiled at Louis and didn't say anything to correct him.

"I'm his best friend." Liam had said.

"Best friend number two, he means doc, I'm number one" Louis had felt the need to set the record straight.

The doctor had chuckled and left it at that as he moved the ultrasound around Zayn's stomach. Zayn cried when he heard the baby's heartbeart on the monitor, Liam there to wipe his eyes and squeezed his hand. He was fourteen weeks along the doctor told him. Zayn requested four printouts. They had to buy another burger to calm Zayn on the way back to his parents house.

"He's here" Louis's phone buzzed.

Louis looked at the message, then put the phone back in his pocket, "Zee, let me get up for a minute" he moved Zayn's head off his lap and walked towards the door and looked back at Zayn one more time before opening the door.