Chapter 19

I'm sorry for the late update... 

I got sick three days ago, and yesterday and today I had my test so the schedule was postponed for a bit

I'm really sorry for the readers... I might not be able to update this Thursday. I have many project to do... 

I will try to update next Saturday, 8-20-17. My schedule this days is very tight. I really hate school for the most... 

***

Miki's POV

Aahh.... why do we have to have a visitor coming??? Thanks to that Luke is interested to look even though he should be in that prestigious school.

The only good thing about it is that I get to have my delicious food.

But the thing is he always barged my room and sleeps on the couch because he said he shouldn't be seen by anyone. 

I hate narrowed place. This room is not that wide thanks to my tools and experiment.

"Interested?" I asked Luke who peaks at the door

"Yeah, I'm very interested whoever going to visit father. He rarely invites guest. Julius only forces his way here and father wasn't able to do about it because he is a prince"

Well, yeah that's true. Father rarely invites people inside his house. The only thing he invites are his relatives. 

"Do you know who is visiting?" I said with clearly no interest on taking it.

With his connections and talent, he should be able to found out but again, considering his attitude, it is not.

"No. As if I would waste my strength on things like this. Do you know who?"

Idiot. With just a little information, you would know who is the guest.

"I'll give you an obvious clue... *Yawn* The decoration and food, father's work... Who?"

"From the style of the decoration it must be a higher rank. And something who is in line with father's work?.... Is it Marquis Carson?"

"Correct..."

There is only a few noble researchers who are the head of their household. From father's work, there are only 4 nobles. Baron Kilan, Earl Chavez, Marquis Carson and Duke William. Plus from father's attitude, he is the type who is very attentive to his research making him a bit of a loner. Duke William always research at home, making him impossible to befriend with father. Marquis Carson is also well known for being friendly to all researcher in that institute. This is why Marquis Carson is the one who is visiting.

"Know that clues are very... *yawn* important..."

"Yes, I understand. And it looks like Marquis Carson and his daughter is here" he said as he peak through the windows

"Then I'll go to sleep.... I don't want them to disturb me..."

Before I could go to my bed after finishing the experiment I just did, my wrist was stop by Luke

"No, we're going to eavesdrop them"

Really. I really hate this attitude of him. It always goes under my nerve. Especially my sleep...

***

 "His daughter is very beautiful. Calm and intellectual attitude, pink silky hair and turquoise eyes plus with that outfit that isn't very fluffy like the other nobles, her beauty shines like nee-sama" I said as I compliment the Marquis' daughter.

She is much more better than nee-sama who has a complex.

"To think you are impress.... Theresa Anne Carson is also known as the rose of the society. Her attitude is like a thorn to protect herself. Calm, elegant, intellectual, talented and very beautiful one unlike nee-san who has a complex on us"

"Agreed....."

Right now, we are hiding by Luke's magic called [ Illusion Barrier ]. Even without light magic, if you have a barrier, you could easily control the appearance of it. I wonder why people never thought of it...

We are watching father and his guest with their boring talk. Now that I think about it... I remember that father said something to Luke(clone).... ah. I remember.

"Luke, father... did tell you to come home, right? I think you should be here later exactly 23 minutes"

"I forgot. You better stay here so nothing bad happens"

"Wha--"

Before I could answer back, he disappeared before my eyes. He left me again... standing in this stupid barrier. His personality really irritates me the most.

He should know that I want to sleep now. Really.... *yawn*

But... Theresa Anne Carson? I think I heard that name somewhere.... Maybe I heard it from nee-sama whom I never listen to...

***

Explanation for why Miki never meet many people is because she locks herself most of the time. 

The only one who forces his way through is Luke that is why most of the time, Luke is with her. Also, he sometimes cause trouble for her as she cause trouble for him.

 Even if you count her sister, she avoids her very well...

Anyway, the heroine finally appears! 

Name: Theresa Anne Carson

Hair: Pink

Eyes: Turquoise 

Age: a year older than Miki

Titles: [ Rose of the Society ], [ Prodigy ]

Likes: Family, books, silence, ????(person)

Dislikes: noisy, parties, arrogant nobles, suitors

Abilities: talented at all magic except for ice, photographic memory, etc