Chapter 22

Miki's POV (15 year old)

Aaahhh.....

Why? Why do I need to go to school?

School is boring as hell... To be exact, it is just nothing but a social gathering...

"Luke-sama, please come with me"
"Luke-sama! At least look at me!"
"Luke-sama! Can you at least teach me??"

To be exact, school is nothing but a noisy social gathering.

And what is with this 'Luke-sama'? Shouldn't be 'Luke-sensei'?

Luke was graduated early at the age of 14. After that he became the youngest professor in the history. Father admitted him as a teacher to Astoria High where all the nobles at the age of 15-20 attends here. But if you are the next head of your household, you are required to stay at that school at the age of 18-22.  

And yes, it is where I attend to be exact. Because all nobles have to attend. Even if you want or not.

But there is always an exception. If you take the exam that contains the 5 years worth of studying, then you can skip. Or if you are banished from the society, the school will drop you out.

Father will never let me do those things...

"Luke-sama! Please taste my food!!!"
"Luke-sama! Can you go with me alone??"

Still their noisy as hell...

Are they really nobles? I mean... shouldn't they act at least dignified? 

"Luke-sama!!!!"

Shut up... Just shut up... I am trying to sleep here...

Even though they are very far away, I can really hear their voices.

"Luke... your admirers are *yawn* so noisy... let me sleep...." I said with a half asleep face. I am sleeping on his lap after all.

"Not my fault. I tried every way already. It just increased them. I don't know what's wrong with those girls" he said as he uses a spell to quiet down the sound of our surrounding.

He started to caress my hair. I sleeplessly look at him, wondering what is he doing. He noticed it and returned with a smile.

I don't care anymore as I already got used to his attitude.

"Whatever... at least the sound is down..."

"You really love sleeping more than anything" 

I just stare at him and began to think why I love sleeping.

I really do love sleeping do I? It seems I can never be separated from it. I mean, I died from my lack of sleep in my past life. I didn't slept for 1 week then I died. My body is too weak in my past and current life. I have to prioritized my job after all. 

Before I knew it, my surroundings started to fade into the darkness..

***

I want to sleep... the class is too boring...

"Magic is a very sacred act. It  is used to protect ourselves from danger and it also makes our life easier. One of the highest..."

Blah blah blah...

Why would they teach this when everybody knew this already?

"Miki, can you show us what is the alchemy of [ Fire Dies ]"

That is the most basic magic, you know. It's easy but if a normal student were to answer this, they will definitely get wrong.

I stood up and write the wrong formula.

Some students frowned that they think that I answered the right answer.

I purposely wrote the wrong answer that they think it's right.

The teacher smiles and said that my answer is wrong. Some people laugh even though they will answer the same answer. They just want to humiliate me though. While some are curious why is the answer is wrong.

The teacher's boring lecture continues as I walk back to my seat while being mocked by some of the nobles students.

In the end the school is nothing but a 'humiliate or be humiliated'. 

After this, I really wanted to go home, but I need to attend a club. It is a requirement after all...

Most class hours are just focused on the club activities. They prioritized their greatness after all. 'Wonders of the club', 'Slaying arts club', and whatever...

If I were to attend a club, I want to attend where people less attend it...

I'll just ask Luke, I mean, sensei what should I attend. For now, I'll sleep while my eyes are open...

Good night...

(A/N: sensei means teacher)