Chapter 52

Sorry for the late update! I have so many requirements to do since school is almost over and barely have enough time to do this. It's all because of that thesis! I, in my life, would never want to make another one!

Anyway, sorry for updating this chapter for a long time. My head is dried up for now since I just finished that thesis and needed to rest a LOT. 

Hope you enjoy this!

***

Third Person's POV

"Miki! Where are you going~? " Ian popped out in Miki's line of sight but was completely ignored. Miki just continue walking to her destination. But even with that temper, Ian is able to guess where she is going. Suddenly, a big hole appeared in Miki's way. Miki walked there and her body disappeared to that place. It's like no one was there, not even Ian who disappeared as soon as Miki disappeared.

***

Theresa run through the corridors in order to reach her destination. As she gets closer to her destination, each meter, there'll be a barrier that will block her way. But this doesn't stop nor slacken her from her destination. She easily bypass it by using a tiny amount of mana and controls it almost perfectly that it become deadly already. With it, she smashes all the barriers in one go.

Finally, she arrives her destination. There she stops and looks at the scenery. This place is very far away from the throne room. Just seeing it made her feel comfortable. But she cannot shake off the feeling of being alert. The enemy is here in this massive garden. She has to end this fight.

"Hiding in the garden? I never knew you were the type of a noble man. Even your hiding place is beautiful" Theresa spoke to no one but she knew Joseph can hear her voice. Joseph slowly appears in front of her.

Joseph faced Theresa in a calm demeanor. Who could have thought someone see through perfect plan. His eyes only focuses on her. There's a glimpse of anger in his eyes as he glares at her.

Meanwhile, Theresa just ignored his glare. She is preparing tons of spells to attack him. She had already prepared 32 offensive magic and 9 defensive magic, and casting 48 offensive magic and 13 defensive magic.

When it comes to controlling mana and casting magic, she is the best at it. 

"You are Lady Theresa Anne Carson, am I right? I'm quite surprise you found out this place" Joseph squinted his eyes as he shows a face of disgust. Theresa just close her eyes. Joseph is suddenly alarmed by her unexpected action.

A large scale of magic attacked him. It composed of hundred of magic with a very precise target. But even with this, Joseph still remains unscratched. His magic barrier suddenly break as soon as the magic stops. That was all it can handle.

It was a good thing he prepared a barrier just in case if something just goes wrong.

Joseph has already marked Theresa as a dangerous person to be exterminated. He has started to prepare his final attack.

Meanwhile, Theresa is aware that Joseph now wants her dead. She cannot keep this going forever. She thought she can paralyze him in a moment. She has to end this battle as soon as possible. Or else he might suck up all of her mana.

The two people both knew what the other is going to do without even batting an eye contact.

Kill as soon as possible before the reinforcement arrives.

***

"Fast. Glad that they are being realistic" a certain raven haired girl says as she watches the battle in front of her.

"Uncle is gonna win this. Uncle has a spell that is much more powerful than the girl" a certain raven haired boy says as he whimsically observes them. He known his uncle, Joseph, for too long since they were relatives because he married a woman from Haldane Household. At that time, he was a nice man. He had changed a lot after his wife died.

It is really like what Miki said. He is pitiful. But one cannot pity him just because of his circumstances.

"No. Theresa will win. I bet my knowledge in this fight" Miki's lips are grinning to it's edge. She is very curious. Curious enough to make her smile.

Ian saw this and sighed. When she grins like that, it means she is just meant to sit and watch the show. Moreover, she even bet her knowledge. It means she is very certain that Theresa will win. But in terms of strength and experience, Joseph has it more than Theresa. It really makes one curious on the process.

"Are you gonna help? Are you going to help? Hey, hey, hey, are you helping her? Are you gonna help her? Answer me, answer please, pretty please. Are you gonna help her?" Ian annoyingness has turned on because of her curiosity that Miki cannot help but covered her ears. 

"No. Right now, I don't have the power to help her" Unable to ignore it, Miki finally answered. Her eyes looks at him as if he is just a trash in her sight.

"Then who? Luke and the rest will come her for a matter of 10 minutes. They had already found out that this is a trap. They are all exhausted. The only ones in this castle who can able to help her is you and me. But neither of us is helping her" Ian ignored her stare as he happily asks it.

If it cannot be Miki then who? He cannot help Theresa since it is forbidden for him to intercept Joseph as it is a part of finding the traitor.

Miki just remained silent. She just watches as two enemies attack each other. Both of them finishes their casting and aims at each other

" [ Canticum Mortuorum ]!" (Joseph)

" [ Dies lucet lumine ]!" (Theresa)

As soon as the two magic clashes, Theresa is at her limit. She is losing. She still hasn't master the magic.

Suddenly, a person appeared in front of her. Her presence could only be known by Theresa, Miki and Ian.

But the person's appearance is only shown to Theresa.

What shown to Miki and Ian is a woman who has just reached the age of twenty. She has a long white hair. But they can feel the aura of coldness just by sensing her.

Miki looks at Ian and goes near to his ear. There she whispered,

"A certain person with a twisted personality"