Chapter 53

Another chapter! I made this in order to compensate the updates. Hope you like it!

***

Theresa's POV

I thought I was going to die. I thought that I could defeat him but in the end, I couldn't. I am lacking experiences. Unlike me, that person has lived for many years and had already accumulate a lot of experiences.

I am a fool. A fool who dreams of peace.

I am going to die. I'm sorry Luke, I let someone important to you die again. 

"Fool. You're really the same even if it had already pass a lot of years. You and the other you are really the same" an emotionless cold voice rings in my ears.

I feel like I know this voice. But I don't know who. If I compare it, this voice is much more mature than the other.

I knew I heard this voice once. But I couldn't put a guess who is it.

After all, I'm dying. I cannot hold any longer. My body is collapsing.

"You heard my voice but you still ignore it. How imprudent"

Suddenly, the world stop.

I turned around only to see everything stop in its place. And in front of me, is a woman near in her 20's. She has pure white hair and blue eyes. On her face, a twisted smile shows. She and I are the only one who is moving in this frozen world.

But for some reason, she looks like someone I knew. 

She lift up my chin. I am scared. I can feel fear from her. I know this woman is a twisted person. I can see that she is thirsty for blood. 

"Afraid? 'Tis one is helping thee but thou is afraid?"

What the heck is she saying? Why change the way of your speaking so suddenly?! Of course I will be afraid with that weird smile of yours!

"Pardon me for my way of speaking. I am just trying to make you relax. But we have to hurry up. I only have a little time to help you"

Eh? Why? Help me to win over Joseph?

I tilt my head to ask her why. This woman is very weird. But at the same time, looking at her makes me want to cry.

"Greedy kid, you should respect your elders. With my help, you'll be able to defeat him. But sure, I will answer your question. I do not belong here. My place isn't here"

The more she answers my question, the more I wanted to ask. What does it means that you don't belong here? Are you some kind of spirit?

"Kid, right now you are fighting against him. You are destined to defeat him. But thanks to your action, you are destined to die"

So you are saying because of my actions many people are going to die? No! Please help me! I don't want anyone to die! It will hurt him! I don't want to see him cry again.

"Tsk, you're misunderstanding. And also my time is running out, better hurry this. You and his mana has some difference. He has so much mana that it requires thrice of your mana to defeat him. And what I'm gonna give to you is the mana that can defeat him and a second to move in this frozen world"

Without a warning she suddenly disappears. And with her disappearance, I felt a huge amount of mana appeared inside of my body.

A second. It's enough to defeat him. I may not be an assassin, but that one second is enough to defeat him.

I moved into a different direction, far away from Joseph's direction of his ultimate magic. The world continued to move again. Joseph notices that I'm not there. But it was already too late. I had already casted my magic and shot it at its full power.

A defensive barrier appeared but it was destroyed.

My magic hits him as his skins burns to ashes. What only remains on his corpse is bones.

Finally, this fight is finally over. I can finally stop and relax. I don't have to be alert anymore. Everything is over. I can finally rest...

My consciousness then disappear into darkness...

Third Person's POV

"I see... so she's that old...." Hiding in the darkness, Miki looks at the scene where that woman appears with disinterest eyes.

"The only thing I see in that moment is that I saw a woman near in her 20's and has that white hair" Ian's eyes is full of curiosity on finding who that woman is. He looks at Miki who's eyes are had already lost interest on it.

Whatever interest her, it will only last for in a short time. 

Noticing his stare, Miki understands. She looks at him and said, "Everything".

What just happened right now is that when that white haired woman appeared, she only appear in a very short amount of time that no one would notice that she was there. As soon as the world stop, the only one who can see her is none other but Theresa, who is speaking with the white haired woman. Because with the help of Ian's magic,Miki and Ian is able to catch a glimpse on her.

Back to reality, what 'everything' that Miki just said is that she already found out why, how and who is that person.

*GROWL*

"I see... Want some chips?" Suddenly, a potato chips magically appeared in Ian's hands. Meanwhile, unable to ignore her hunger, Miki took the chips and eat it.

"If you're hungry just say it. You don't have to ignore it" Ian smile annoyingly. Miki cannot help but be annoyed on the circumstances. She is just focusing on her job that she forgot she is very hungry, okay?! 

Miki just looked at him as if he is her servant. As soon as Miki finished eating her chips, she jump down on a hole and disappeared. The next thing is that Miki appears almost near to Joseph's corpse. But before walking to Joseph, Miki stopped and turned around to Ian's direction.

"Before I do anything, I shall complete one of my promise. It is just like you thought, that twisted woman is the traitor"