Chapter 56

Third Person's POV

In a window in a large castle, a girl's reflection can be seen. A girl in her teens whose eyes are hidden under her hood yet her white hair flows down from it.

A smile formed on her face as she watches a girl inside the castle sleep.

In a moment, the girl is gone. She suddenly appears beside the sleeping girl. The girl who has slept for a week is none other than Theresa.

The girl held the hand of Theresa. Wind gushes around them and a warm light appears.

She is healing her.

Slowly, Theresa opens her eyes only to see a suspicious girl in front of her.

"Who... a-are you??" Theresa said weakly as she cautiously look at her

The girl just smiled. But her smile was full of coldness as if she has the life of Theresa in her hands.

" 'Tis one? Thou hast forgotten thy savior? Oh! 'Tis one hast forgotten that 'tis one hast not yet save thou. 'Tis one hast only helped thou now"

"Aah! Y-you... are that one who helped me! But... can you please use normal language? I can't understand you. And... why is your appearance like that" Theresa's eyes widen in shock as she said in her hoarse voice. But, this action further makes the girl grins and have the urge of killing her.

"Sure, why not. I am Xylia. And about the helping you at that time? I still haven't done that yet" The girl, Xylia, surely makes sure to give her an idea on what is happening. Theresa gave a look 'i see' as she tries to sort thing what happened before.

But when she tries to remember her head ache. She cannot remember what happened before the fight. She doesn't even know why she fought nor she remember some of her friends.

She remembers talking to someone but cannot remember who is that person.

She remembers fighting for someone but cannot remember who is that person.

She can't remember who died, nor she can remember the person she loves the most.

It's like some of her memories were taken as a compensation of the lack of mana.

Theresa slowly looks at Xylia who is grinning widely that it might break her face. 

This girl knew.

This girl knew that she'll lost some of her memories in exchange for the mana that the woman gave.

This gave Theresa a feeling of an emotion. She's scared. She doesn't know how far it takes her memories. She's scared of being alone, of being left out.

And this feelings caused Xylia to grin even more until it become twisted.

"I'm sorry, if I scared you. There's a reason why I'm like this. Maahh... Let's talk about your forgotten memories. You should be thankful that you lose some of your memories. You have forgotten about your unrequited love after all. Having that kind of love is the woooorrrsttt of all! Though it's a pity you have forgotten your dear dead friend who is like your brother and the sister of the person whom you love soooo muuuccchhhh. By the way, the person you love has someone he likes! Who's that person? It's his sister! How tragic!"

One by one, Xylia reveals every information that will hurt Theresa. She mocks her for being a pitiful woman. She mocks her for being this way.

"Oh? Have I hurt your feelings? Well, sorry. My personality is cursed this way. I cannot become who I am thanks to that stupid curse. Hmm? Your eyes are asking to tell you what are their names. Should I?" Xylia's eyes moved just to see Theresa looking at her with an expression of hate and sadness. Yet her eyes tells that no matter what she has to know even if it hurts so much.

But this lead to a shock to Xylia. To think this girl even wanted to know everything even if hurts or to the point of wanting to forget.

Xylia warmly smiles as she shows a warm expression.

"The name of your dear friend who died is none other than the Crown Prince Gabriel Julius Illus Azaneth. He is like your older brother. While... the name of the person whom you love the most is Lucas Rumina Acryl. Or he was before known as Luke Linux. Well, you known him as Luke Linux but after that battle, he takes his previous name back and become the head of the household. He took the name of Luke Linux as an adopted child of the previous Earl Linux because if it was found that Lucas Rumina Acryl still lives, he'll be hunted down by his uncle whom you defeated. And since his uncle is dead, he can go take his real name"

Xylia tried to make sure that Theresa knew the background of Luke. She really wanted to see her decision.

But Theresa's memories about her past life still remains. So does her memories that this world is based on a game.

So she knows who is Luke. But she cannot believe to be smitten on a person so much.

"Luke... whenever I think that name, my heart aches. It's like I am pierced by a thousand thorns just mentioning it" a lonely emotion can be felt on Theresa's voice. A warm yet lonely... Her eyes saddens as she tries to think the past that she cannot remember.

But even if her memories has been taken, her still remembered everything.

"You tried to move on... yet you can't"

"What? Trying to make me cry? You still haven't mention the third person" Theresa looked at piercing eyes trying to dug information on her.

In response to her, Xylia grins as she sees that Theresa hasn't bitten the bait.

"Well~~ I want to make cry. I guess I was seen~? So you really aren't an idiot" Xylia walks to the window. She touches the window as she looks outside of it.

The atmosphere around her changed. She smiled as she reminiscence the past.

"Her name is Miki Linux. The way you and I know about her is different. You knew her as a crazy girl who is obsessed about the experiments she is doing while I knew her as girl who loves to satisfy her curiosity, a gourmet, and a very lazy girl. But like you, she has also experience harsh things. More worse than you experience" one can feel a warm feeling can be felt on her voice.

Theresa noticed a warm smile on her face. That cold and mischievous girl is gone.

But that didn't last for long. A murderous intent suddenly formed around Xylia. But the her expression doesn't tell the murderous intent. A drop of blood can be seen on the ground. It doesn't came from the mouth but it came from the eyes.

"Looks like I cannot last long here.... Sorry if I scared you..." a sorry expression can be seen on her face.  

"Is that so? Anyway, why do I feel your voice and appearance looks familiar to me? Do I know you? And what is your full name" Theresa stopped her question of why she can't and instead ask for her personal information.

"Hmmm~~ Maybe we knew each other? Or maybe not. My full name? I was Xylia Eisner but after being adopted by the Haldane, My name is now Xylia Haldane. Anyway, this is a goodbye, Lady Theresa. The next time we meet might be next 5 years"

"What are you--?!" Xylia suddenly disappeared in front of Theresa, not leaving a single evidence that she was there.

*Knock Knock*