Chapter 55

Miki's POV

Ian burned the corpse of Joseph using fire magic, leaving only bones. Meanwhile, I froze the fake corpse that Joseph create as Ian replace it with the real corpse.

With this, [ Miki's Role ] is done.

I'm really thankful to this foolish heroine. She think she can live just because she is the heroine, she is much more of a fool than I am.

But thanks to her foolishness, the plot changes a bit.  

Theresa isn't destined to defeat Joseph alone. She should defeat him with Luke, nee-sama and the others' help but still in the end, Joseph still lives. After an hour, Joseph will be defeated by the original Miki and both of them will die. But right now, she defeated him with the help of the traitor.

And because she tried to defeat him alone, after losing consciousnesses, I defeated Joseph and I'm able to hide my identity.

"Why...? W-why would you do... something.. like this..., Miki...?" Ian's expression is full of depress and confusion.

Well, the savior is destined to die. But thank for having another role, I lived.

But Ian will do anything just for me to be alive and happy.

"Confused? This is my-- Miki's original role. Miki is destined to become a savior, a savior that is never known by all. And since I am Miki, I am also the savior of the curse. But don't worry I won't allow myself to die" I try to reassure him with words.

He done everything for me. He even kill his own uncle and some of his family members for me. It's really like in the past. He always supports my back no matter what.

Just remembering the past makes me remember the moment I killed Joseph. Like me, he knew everything yet goes along to the world's wishes. But unlike me, he accepts his fate while I don't. He is in great despair that he doesn't care about his life when his wife died.

He doesn't deserve to be pity. Neither do I. Pity is the thing I hate.

"Really... the current you and the past you is still the same. The only thing that change you have is that you got addicted to napping.... So serious on work that you will never allow failure..."

Really? Thanks. I'm glad I am still myself. Though I hate talking about my past.

"Talking about past? I hate my past. It's a bloody one" I said, wanting to stop this discussion.

So can you at least shut up now. I want to go home and sleep underneath that bed. I mean, I didn't sleep for more than 10 hours.

"It's not your fault, it's the the people"

Uhhhh..... Can you stop it? You knew me the best yet you are still hanging around. I am already moving on from the past.

"Let us stop talking about the past when I'm finally able to rest a little from the world" I said as I jump to his teleportation hole. He follows me and ends up at his house's rooftop.

His house really looks modern. 

"There's still more?" 

Tsk.... he noticed it from the slipped of my tongue. Better answer it so it will be finish

"I told you that this world is based from an otome game, right? Looks like the game a sequel and the continuation of the game"

I smiled and looks toward to the sky.

Knowing that I want some time alone, he left me there and gone to make my dinner.

I began to imagine what future will I get. I don't know a single thing about the sequel. But I can more or less guess it because of my next role.

I then remember the promise that I have with the world.

I said I will choose my own fate.

I did not say to just let me live in the end but instead told them that I will be the one to control my fate.

Even if I wanted to live, I wanted it to be results of my own efforts. But in the end, that's not it. 

It is my desire to bet. It is my curiosity. And sometimes it rises very high that I even bet my life on it. The curiosity whether which path I should take, if I'm gonna die or not, and on what gonna happens to the future. After all, it is boring to suddenly know the ending.

That's why even if my desire of living is strong, my curiosity is even stronger. 

I am really crazy enough to bet my life. I always bet my life if it's worth it.

Suddenly, I remembered something about the second game. Unknowingly, I muttered it allowed.

"And when the second game starts, I might have change a lot"