Chapter 43

Hello guys! This chapter will be very long and sad for Miki. I'll spoil but Miki will be gone for a few chapters after this.

Hope you like this!

***

Miki's POV

This finally day finally came. I expected this day to come. I expected myself to be prepared. I never expected myself to be this afraid to leave this life. Why is always so easy say I am prepared? Even I am very calm yesterday, why is that my hand is sweating? 

Is it because... I am afraid? I...I am afraid?

It's impossible. It's very impossible for me to be afraid. I prepared myself for years already, and here I am now, I am afraid.

Should I not continue? Should I fight the destiny itself? No. I prepared myself already. I have to move. 

I am human. I am greedy human who wants to protect my family. Humans whose hands are tainted with blood, whose use fist to fight. 

But I am different from humans. I am a human who can abandon the lives of innocent to attain what I want. I have no emotions in them. I don't feel happy nor I feel sad about it. I only have few humane emotions left after all.

"Father, do you like it? It may be a little late to give you a gift, but I hope you like it" I asked my father as he opens the gift I gave him

He took it to his hand and raise it. It was a necklace with a cross. Father loves red so I have it made with little red jewels on it.

 Father loves red so I have it made with little red jewels on it

"It's really pretty. The craftsmanship on making this necklace is amazing. To be able to design this, you made it, right?" my father said as he looks at me and wears it.

Aah... he got me. My father knew me as usual. Well, I never go out so I he knows I can only make this thing. As expected of father. He knows me well.

But, I have to handle this fast. Before I hesitate, I have to.

"Good looks on you, father. And... I'm sorry..." I said to my father with expressionless face.

"What are you saying, Miki?" my father said as he looks at me confused.

Of course he will confused. Not once in my life I said sorry. With who I am, I can't be someone like this. I cannot say sorry. But right now, I am now doing this.

"Father, you have to be put in a very deep deep sleep. And once you wake up, you'll forget everything"

"What are you say--?!" 

My father tried to stand up. He tried, but he couldn't. Right now, Father can't move because of my magic. My magic is after all, ice. Father is froze in that place, standing. He can't move. The only thing he can move is his mouth.

"Father, after you woke up from your deep slumber, you will forget everything. And once you remembered everything, you will also know the reason why I did this to you. But please, don't tell anyone once you know the truth, father. It's better that way"

I can feel my eyes are crying. I know it's to cruel. I have to stop father's time for five years. I have to freeze him.

"Miki! Explain--!" 

"Good night, father. Sleep well" a tear escaped my eye. 

Father then falls as I catch him with my arms. I placed his head at my lap as I blessed him with my magic so it can able to protect him without me. I then look at his necklace and remember what I've done. 

All the things I gave to them have spells cast on it. Spell to protect them from harm. 

"AAHHHH!!" I heard a voice coming from outside this room

Looks like it started. Humans killing humans.

The whole place is then set into fire. It's him. Joseph, you really thought you got me? I know. I know you're going to betray me. I know you want me dead. I know you only accept it to put my guard down. Sorry, but it didn't work.

"Even now, you seriously go full force want to kill me?" as soon I said that, a swarm of people barged in the room. Good thing this room is quite big...

"?!!!"

But too unlucky. The moment you set foot upon this room, your time will stop after all, leaving your mind moving forward.

"FR-21, leave only two of them. Have one heavily injured and one barely dying. After that, replace their memories by brainwashing them. Have them known that they were success in killing me but barely alive"

FR-21 followed my instructions. Those two escaped and return to their master. 

In the end, the only good thing this day is father and I are still alive, and I can no longer suffer from excessive mana. Just having 1/8 of my mana froze my father's time. With this it cannot weaken my body anymore for five years.

"You know, I can protect my father and my family even without me having here. You know what kind of person I am right?" I said as a person appears at my back.

"You are a fool" he said as he quietly stares at me

"I know... I'll go with you because of that. But I can only totally come with you after his death... and.." I looked at him and smiled . A smile that pities myself.

"And?"

"If I am a fool, aren't you one too?" I said as I leave my father and walks towards to the him.

But before leaving with him, I said to father "Thank you, good bye and sorry"