Chapter 57

Theresa's POV

Someone came knocking through the door and open it. A man with a dark violet hair with red eyes came in. His appearance catches my eye that I forgot there is other guests with him.

My heart skip a beat for him but at the same time, I feel loneliness in my heart.

"Who are you?" I said as I look at him

Him and the guests look at me with widen eyes. They all felt happy and confusion at the same time. Some of them felt teary and crying already.

"Theresa, we're so glad you wake up! *sniff* I felt like losing someone again" the girl with brown hair and green eyes said.

That girl.... is she Jeanne? If I remember, she has a fiance who is the crown prince.... and crown prince on what Xylia said earlier is dead....

I see... that's why she's crying... she felt so happy that she didn't have to lose someone again.

"Jeanne, I'm sorry that I made you worried. It was a dumb of me to attack it alone.... ahh... who is the nobleman with red eyes? and also that noblewoman who is by your side?" I asked the question as I pointed the two nobles who are in front of me.

Are they the doctors? I'm fine already thanks to Xylia's healing magic.

Maah, I can't say that since they don't know her...

"What are you saying, Theresa? They are your friends! Luke and Almira are your friends since childhood!"

Eh? What? Are you telling me I have forgotten not only Luke, Gabriel and Miki but also some of my friends?

That Xylia didn't tell me this! I thought I only forgot three persons but....

"Luke? Almira? I'm sorry but this is the first time I hear that name"

Not first time about Luke since Xylia has already told me about them.... I can only pretend now since I don't want to cause confusion...

But... that man is Luke? I see now why my heart skip a beat...

Jeanne called a doctor and asked to check me up. The doctor says that some of my memories has been forgotten as a side effect of the magic I used against Joseph. She checked me up if I still have some problems in my body but it's alright.

The doctor tests me by mentioning the name of the persons I knew in the past. The result is that I have forgotten 7 persons that I knew.

I still remain indifferent. I don't know them. I just can't be sad because I have forgotten them

Almira and I talked for a while. She tells me about the past not only just about her but also the other people. Especially Luke. She keeps telling me that many people sees us a couple.

She's a good girl but still please stop shipping us, I don't need it.

On the next day, Luke visited me. It was awkward. We are in silence for a minute yet still not speaking.

"Luke, right? Or is it Lucas? Well, I have heard that in the past, I am in love with you yet you did not know.... Rejecting me when I still have not confessed by saying you love someone else.... That's horrible"

I really want to discuss this with him so I became very direct. It's unladylike but it cannot be help...

"You can still call me Luke... I am sorry for not noticing your feeling at that time. But if I will answer you right now, my answer will be: I'm sorry, I cannot still let my heart move on. Even if she is gone, I will still do the promise that we made. 5 years... I wanted to prove to her that my love is strong for her"