Prisons Are Safe

"No..." Jamie cried into my chest. She sniffled looking up at my face. "I can't leave mommy."

"Jamie..." I grabbed her shoulders and stared into her eyes so I knew she was listening to me. "Your mom is gone."

Jamie nodded her head 'yes'. "I know... But I want to be with her."

I shook my head, grasping her hand in mine. "You're coming with me. We can survive this, Jamie."

She shook her head, yanking her hand from my grip. "No, Ally. You can. I can't. I'm only seven."

"But you're strong. You can make it. I'll protect you." Tears spilled out of my eyes, I wasn't going to leave Jamie. No way.

"Take this." She put her stuffed bunny into my hand. And now I was crying harder than her.
"Keep Bunny safe."

I shook my head, staring down at her favorite stuffed toy. "I'm. Not. Leaving. You."

~~~
(Rick POV)

"She's out." Glenn said, waving his hand in front of Ally's face. Her head was hanging down and her eyes were closed.

"Alright," Daryl responded, looking down at his sleeping daughter. "I've got her." He took Ally from Glenn, carrying her in his arms, bridal style.

I nodded. "Come on, we need to hurry."

Once the prison was in sight, we all started frantically running towards the gates. "CARL!" I yelled, as I'm running my ass off.

I see Carl run towards the ropes and pulls them to open the gate as Maggie stays guard, gun ready and pointing at walkers that may come too close.

As the gates open, we run inside and Carl quickly closes them back up. I ran up to him and engulf my son in a hug to assure him I'm alright.

He slowly backs away, staring behind me at Daryl, holding the bleeding girl. "Who's that?" Carl points at them, a scared yet sympathetic look in his bright, blue eyes.

I look their way and then look back down at Carl. "I've got to get her to Hershel." I rub Carl's shoulder before nodding towards Daryl, who nodded back, and we ran to the door to our cell block.

I hold the door open as Daryl quickly, but carefully, carries Ally into the prison. As soon as we walk in, Hershel stands with his crutches holding him up. Beth stands up too, who is holding Judith in her arms while feeding her formula.

Both Beth and Hershel stare at us. "W-Who's that?" Beth stumbles over her words, backing up a little.

"Hershel," I don't ever answer the question because I have no idea. "She was stabbed in the leg with a knife-"

"By you." Daryl mumbles, cutting me off and I look back at him with a 'it's not a good time for this' look.

"She's bleeding out. She fainted." I finished, focusing my eyes back on Hershel.

"Alright," Hershel nods, looking back at the cell block. "Get her into an open cell."

Daryl cuts in front of Hershel and finds an open cell block to lay his daughter on the bottom bunk of. Hershel follows close behind and sits across the bed Ally was sleeping on.

Hershel nods at Daryl, who hesitates to leave the room. I make eye contact with Hershel as Daryl slowly leaves. Before I could turn around to leave, Hershel stops me. "Rick... Who is she?"

I hesitate, staring down at Ally whose face had gone pale. "She's..." I put my thumbs in my belt, studying Ally's face. I could definitely see the resemblance of her father on her face. "Daryl's daughter."