Blood

(Carl POV)

Hunter helped me start a fire. We placed a pot over it so when Daryl gets back, we can boil the water right away.

"Why do we boil it?" Hunter asks, looking up at me. He was sitting across from me on a rock, watching the fire.

"To clean-"

And that's when we heard a harsh coughing noise and then a scream. I look back, and I was at the angle where I could see Ally perfectly. She was leaning over the cot, puking up blood.

But soon, I couldn't see her anymore as Maggie, Carol, Rosita, and Glenn crowded around her. I look back at Hunter who was standing up, staring in her direction.

"Ally!" He yells and begins to run towards her.
But, I get down on my knees and catch him before he can run any further.

He squirms in my arms, sobbing. "Let me go!"

I hug him against my chest. "No, Hunter, let them help her."

He looks over my shoulder, crying harder. "Carl, she's bleeding..."

"Don't look." I move so he can no longer see her. He hides his face in my shoulder and I hold him tight as he cries, and silent tears run down my own face. I stroke his hair, rubbing his back.

"Don't look." I whisper, squeezing my eyes shut. "Don't. Look."

After a few minutes, and Hunter stops crying, I want to look back, but I'm too scared to. And I don't want Hunter to see either.

"Hey," I open my eyes to see Sasha squatting down in front us. Hunter doesn't look up and keeps his face hidden. "You guys okay?"

Hunter squeezes me harder as I try blinking my tears away. I shake my head no, sniffling.
She sighs looking back at Ally. "I'll go see what's going on, okay?"

I nod, taking a deep breath. "Okay."

Sasha gets up and walks behind us. I softly rub Hunters back and stroke his hair. "Sasha is going to check on Ally. Okay, Hunter?"
He nods, not moving.

"Can you look at me?" I ask him, loosening my grip.

He nods, slowly pushing himself off my shoulder to look at me. I quickly wipe my tears away before we're face to face. Silent tears still run down his face as he clutches my shoulders and I loosely hold on to his waist.

"Hey," I wipe his tears with my thumb again. "No more crying, okay? Ally wouldn't want you to cry."

Hunter nods, sniffling, wiping his bloodshot eyes.

"Sasha is going to go figure out what's happening. Let's just... look." I turn him around, pointing at the fire. "It's dying down. Will you help me?"

He looks back at me and nods, sniffling. I nod, moving to grab a stick to poke at the fire with.
Sasha comes back about ten minutes later. She squats down on the other side of the fire, watching us closely.

"Maggie says she's gonna be alright. She had a slight heat stroke, but Daryl just back with water. They patched up all her wounds... she'll heal with time." She explains.

I nod back, giving her the best smile I could, but there wasn't one in me. "Thank you."

Sasha nods again, giving Hunter a sad look. "Don't worry." She tells him. "Ally's strong. She'll heal fast."

Hunter nods silently, looking down at the fire not saying anything. "Thank you." I tell her again. She nods and stands up.

I turn only my head to look at Hunter and smile at him. "She's gonna be okay."

Hunter nods, breaking into a smile, tears in his eyes again. "Ally is gonna be okay."

~~~
(Maggie POV)

Michonne blocked the cot with a blanket from the rest of the camp, because Carol and I had to take Ally's shirt off to attend the rest of her cuts that were bleeding through her shirt.
Carol sighs loudly, taking a shaky breath, tears in her eyes. "What they must have done to her..."

I shake my head, sniffling away my own tears. "Don't think about it. We have to help her."

Carol nods, continuing to stitch a cut across her stomach. She was hurt really bad. Just by looking at her, you could tell she's been beaten up horribly, but it was so much worse underneath. There were cuts everywhere. My heart breaks because I know she was torchered, and who knows what she's seen, the kind of pain she's felt...

I have to quickly wipe my eyes to stop myself from breaking down.

When we're just about done, Ally flutters her eyes and looks up at me. Before I can react and squat down beside her and tell her everything is going to be okay, she sits up so fast she hurts herself.

They look on her face is pure terror as sweat drips down her forehead. She grunts in pain when she's fully sitting up, gripping her stomach. "M-Maggie..."

I kneel down beside her. "Shh, don't hurt yourself, lay back down." I put my hand behind her back and try to slowly push her down, but she fights against my push.

"No. We have to make it back." She says, tears welling up in her eyes. "We have..."

I wait, staring at her, trying to make sense of what she's saying. "What...?" Her face is extremely pale and she blinks rapidly. "Ally...? Are you okay?"

She nods, looking around frantically. Then she blows her cheeks up, like she's going to puke. And she does. So, she turns her head the other way, away from me, and pukes over the edge of the cot. I look over to make sure she's okay, only to find blood. She pukes up lots and lots of blood.

Just then, Carol comes back, looks down at the puddle of the blood coming from Ally's mouth, and then screams.

Soon, everyone is running over to us. I rub Ally's back as she pukes. "Oh my god." I hear Rick say, but I don't look back at him and just focus on Ally instead.

She sits back up, breathing heavily. I wipe her mouth of the blood as she coughs. I feel her forehead and she's burning up. "I think she had a heat stroke."

Ally sits back, blinking rapidly.

"Ally, what's wrong? I need you to tell me." I say, holding her hand, trying to look her in the eye.

"I-I can't... It's hard to see."

"Is it blurry?"

She shakes her head. "Black. Dark."

"Are you dizzy?"

She shakes her head yes.

"Are you hot?"

Yes again.

"We need water. Where's Daryl?" I turn to look back at Rick.

He shrugs, looking around. "I don't know... I'll go look for him."

Rick is back in about five minutes with Daryl at his side, but Ally had just passed out again just before they arrived.

"What happened?" Daryl asks me, looking down at Ally and I can hear the worry in his voice.

"She had a heat stroke." I say. "But she'll be okay. We just need to pour water on her head, and keep her cool and hydrated."

Daryl takes a deep breath, nodding. "Thank you..."

I nod, looking down at Ally, smiling slightly at the fact that she will definitely make it through this.

~~~

Wow this is shit.

Keep in mind i wrote this awhile ago, but i'm just posting it now lol.

Also, I haven't updated in awhile bc no one was reading it but now ppl r, so... i guess i'll try to update as much as i can?

haha idk, i stopped watching after you-know-who dies(no not voldemort, but i also don't wanna spoil just in case).

Okay.

Thanks.

Love you.

~Hazel