She Is Cared For

We get back to the campsite and Glenn spots us right away. He stands up, looking over at us. "Where have you... ALLY?!"

He runs over, making everyone else turn to look at us, and all run over as well. Daryl walks further into the campsite, everyone following him.

"What the hell happened?!" Glenn asks, looking down at Ally in complete and utter horror.

"She was attacked... captured... torchered..." Dad tells them, avoiding eye contact with the group.

"What the hell?!" Noah asks, stroking Ally's hair out of her face.

"Lay her down over here." Maggie instructs Daryl, who does what he's told. He places her on a cot almost behind a tree from the camp. "We'll take care of her."

Her and Carol attend to Ally's wounds, and try to cool her down. Everyone was crowding around the scene so Maggie had asked everyone to go back to what they were doing before we had arrived. Everyone broke off to where they needed to go, and I just backed up a bit. Daryl had to go and run out for water for Ally, we were running low, but she needed it more than any of us.

"Dude, what happened?" Glenn asks, walking towards Dad and I. "She was captured?"

Dad nods, taking a deep breath, his hands clenched in fists. "She was taken..."

"By who?!" Noah walked over as well, obviously just as worried and confused as everyone else.

"By her old group..." Dad stares straight at Noah. "Your old group."

Glenn turns to Noah, staring wide eyed at him. "What? Why?!"

Noah looks speechless. "They're... they're alive?"

Dad shakes his head. "Not anymore." I guess we're not gonna tell them about the girl we let get away.

"Why would they...?" Noah trails off, trying to think this whole situation over.

"I don't know." Dad answered, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "We weren't able to get anything out of Ally. But, they hurt her pretty bad. You wanna tell me anything I should know about this group, Noah?"

"I... I don't know..." Noah shakes his head, looking away. "There was only six of us. They didn't seem like they would hurt one another..."

"Six of you including you and Ally?" Dad asks, cocking his head to the side.

"Uh, yeah. Me, Ally, Charlie, Harry, Abby, and Brad." Noah lists off.

"There was only three of them that I saw..." Dad says. Meaning there's one out there. One we didn't get to. One that could still get to Ally.

Noah shakes his head, knowing exactly what we were thinking. "Brad died just before the group got split."

"But the others are dead?" Glenn asks, looking in Dads direction. "Now?"

Dad hesitates, but still lies. "That is correct."

"Good." Glenn responds coldly, giving Noah a glance before walking away.

"Noah, can you tell me everything you know about the group?" Dad asks again.

Noah nods vigorously. "Yeah, of course."

Dad acknowledges Noah to follow him. Probably to go talk somewhere else, maybe question him too. So, I walk away, knowing if Dad wanted me to stay and hear the conversation, he would have stayed where we were.

As I walk by the tents, one seems to russell, the movement coming from inside it. I place my hand over my gun in my holster, ready to take it out at any moment, if needed. But, the tent unzips from the inside, and out pops the one and only, Hunter.

He looks up and a giant smile spreads across his face. "Carl!" He runs to me, arms wide open. I laugh, bending down to hug him back. He runs into my arms and hugs me tight with his little arms. "You're back!"

I pat his back and he lets go. "Hi Hunter." I smile, but it's all I can think to say.

How do I tell him about Ally?

He looks around me, eyes scanning everything around us. "Where's Ally? And Daryl? And your dad?"

What do I do? Do I tell him Ally was attacked? Do I just wait and keep it a secret? AH! What do I do?!

"Well, Daryl went back out to get water. And my Dad is talking to Noah." I explain, deciding to stop there.

"What about Ally?" Hunter takes another look around our surroundings again, not seeing her.

"Hunter..." And before I can say anything else, tears begin to well up in his eyes.

"She's... dead, isn't she?" His voice cracks as sudden tears begin to fall down his face.

And him crying makes me want to burst into tears again too. "No..." My voice cracks and I swallow my sobs. "She just... She's hurt. But she's gonna be okay. Maggie and Carol are doing everything they can."

Hunter shakes his head, his small hands gripping my shoulders, tears falling from his eyes like rain. "Is she gonna die?"

I shake my head, blinking away the tears that fight against my eyes. "No, I don't think so. Not anytime soon, at least."

He takes a deep breath, nodding. I wipe his tears away with my sleeve. "She's strong, Hunter." I remind him.

He nods again, trying to control his crying. "I know... I just want her to be okay."

My lip quivers and I wrap him into a hug so I don't cry in front of him. "She'll get through this, I promise." I say as Hunter rests his head on my shoulder and I let a single tear fall now, when he can't see my face. I quickly wiped it away, rubbing his back.

"Come on." I pulled away, staring at his tear stained face. "Let's go help with something."

Hunter nodded, wiping his eyes. "Yeah... let's go help."