Gone

The next two days are very difficult. All we do is walk, stopping every so often for a break. At one point, my limp gets so bad that Noah picks me up on his back while Hunter rides on Carl's back.

The sun started to set, and everyone is either super crabby or really upset. Carl is now holding Judith near the front, walking next to Hunter whom I can tell is overtired, but he also doesn't complain.

Daryl's still really upset over Beth and won't talk to anyone. But what's most important right now is that we need water, and soon. It's hot and everyone is really dehydrated. Noah stays near the back with me, which I'm thankful for.

Eventually, we stop for the night. No one really speaks as we all settle on the ground, Glenn and Maggie on watch. Carl sleeps on my left with Judith, and Noah's my right. Hunter is also on my left, tucked under my arm.

I didn't think I would, but I eventually drifted off to sleep... and woke up to screaming.

I sit up as fast I could, my heart beating a million miles an hour and I'm sweating like crazy.

I look around and it's really early, the sun has just begun to rise. I notice Carl had just woken up too, grabbing my hand. I look at him, and he's already looking at me. I nod, acknowledging that I'm okay, and he does the same to show he's alright too.

But then I look to my left. And both Hunter and Noah are gone. I gasp, standing up at fast as I could. Carl stands up too, slowly seeing what I was.

I begin to shake and I'm slowly freaking out. All around me, people are slowly getting up too, but I don't see Noah or Hunter. Carl puts his hand on my shoulder because he can tell I'm about to have some sort of panic attack. "Where are they?" My voice cracks as I turn to look at Carl, tears my eyes.

He shakes his head, opening his mouth probably to say 'I don't know, but we'll find them'. But he's interrupted by another scream.

Hunter's scream.

"Hunter!" I yell, running into the woods where I had heard him scream. My legs ache from under me and my limp returns, but I push through it.

"Ally!" Carl calls after me, but I don't stop or slow.

But I don't get very far and I come to sudden stop. And in that moment, my heart stops. They're all there. Hunter, Noah, Rick... and walkers.

And Hunters on the ground, walkers digging into his stomach.

I can no longer see or hear anything but Hunter.

Hunter being murdered...

I then snap back into reality and began running towards him. "Hunter!" I scream. "Hunter!"

I'm so close to him. I'm inches away from him. "Ally!" He sees me, and he's screaming and he's crying. And all I want to do is save him.

"Hunter!" But I'm pulled back. I fight against the arms that are wrapped around my stomach in attempt to pull me away from the walkers. "Hunter!"

But he's stopping screaming. He's stopping crying. The walkers pull out his guts, blood splattering everywhere. And more walkers join the first two and then there is no more Hunter.

He's gone.

But my head won't let my mind wrap around the fact that he's dead. There's a voice in my head screaming he's still alive! Save him! Do everything you can!

But I'm being pulled away by two large men. And then Rick throws me over his shoulder and turns to run the other way. I'm screaming and crying and trying to fight my out of Rick's grip, but he's clutching onto me for dear life.