Water, Soda, Chips, Energy Bars

(Rick's POV)

The next day Daryl and I went on another run early in the morning to look for more water. We were running out of resources and we needed to move, and soon. Ally still hasn't woken up since she passed out yesterday, and we can't leave until she's better. Or least until she can walk.

Today, we went further than we have before, and came to a small abandoned gas station. I look at Daryl who looks back at me.

"Are we lucky, or just being played?"

I crack a smile, just as Daryl does. I shrug, looking back at the small building. "Depends. Let's go find out."

To our great luck, there were water bottles and soda cans on the broken shelves, along with energy bars and chip bags.

When we got back to the campsite, we both look in Ally's direction right away. She's lying on her side... awake. Maggie is the only one there with her, minding her own business.

And then Daryl starts running. He drops the water and soda, so I follow his lead and drop the food and run behind him.

Daryl looks down at Ally who's back is turned to us, and then to Maggie, who nods. Daryl crosses to the other side of the cot and kneels down in front of Ally. I watch as her version focuses on Daryl's face, and then her face lights up. All though she's bruised all over, and can still only open one eye, I can see she's happy to see him.

"Dad." I'm shocked for a second when Ally called Daryl that. I've never heard her call him that before, and he looks a little surprised too.

She sits up a little, a smile on her face, wrapping her arms around Daryl's neck so fast, it catches him off guard. He smiles, tears in his eyes as he wraps his arms around her.

"Oh, Ally, I'm so sorry." He says against her hair.

She shakes her head, holding him tighter. "It wasn't your fault."

"But..."

She shakes her head again, cutting him off. "Shut up."

He nods, smiling the tiniest bit, hiding his face in her shoulder. I turn to Maggie and she smiles at me, so I smile back. "She's gonna be just fine."

I nod, smiling wide. "Good."

Eventually Maggie tells Ally to lay back down and get more rest. "You can do meet and greets in a little bit." She jokes.

Ally lays back down on her side(Maggie told me her back is bruised pretty bad and it hurts her to lay directly on it). So, I squat down in front of Ally who smiles at me. "Hey, Rick."

I hold onto her hand and smile back. "Hey, Ally. How are you feeling?"

She gives me a sarcastic smile. "Peachy."

I smile at her, shaking my head. "Look... I'm sorry for what happened. If I was-"

"Stop." She says, now a serious look on her face. "I don't want anyone to apologize to me."

I stare at her, trying to figure out the meaning behind her feelings. But I nod eventually. "Okay."

She nods back. "Thank you..." She squeezes my hand and then lifts her head up the tiniest bit. "Where's Carl?"

I grin, looking back at the camp. "Sleeping."

She smiles back, shaking her head.

"You get some more rest now, and I'll send him over later. And Hunter too."

She nods as I kiss her forehead, stand up, and give her hand one last squeeze before letting go.

~~~
(Carl POV)