Sweet Melody

(Ally's POV)

It had gotten to the point where I could walk. I had a slight limp and needed help every so often, but other than that, everything was fine. So, that meant we were leaving the campsite. We were planning to leave in two days, and in those two days, I had to resolve everything so when we're back on the road again, everything will be like normal.

Well, normal for us I guess.

I had asked Maggie if I could talk to someone else, someone new, maybe someone named Noah.

She smiled down at me and nodded. "Yeah, you can talk to Noah today."

"And then Glenn?"

"And Glenn."

"What about Michonne?"

"Fine..."

"But also-"

"Hey," Maggie cut me off, pointing her finger at me. "Don't push your luck."

"Okay, okay." I backed off and couldn't help but smile at the fact that I finally get to talk to my best friend again.

Later that day, as I was helping Carol pick up sticks near the campsite for a fire, someone tapped my shoulder.

I was sitting on the ground with a basket in my lap. Carol suggested I didn't do too much movement and just pick up sticks from around the space I was sitting in. I was just grateful to be off that stupid cot.

I jumped at the touch on my shoulder and quickly turned around, only to see Noah. "Sorry," He said, putting his hands behind his back. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I shake my head, a big smile on my face. "It's okay." I tell him.

He holds out his hand, for which I accept and he helps me up. Once I'm on my feet, he still holds my hand, and also has one hand on my back. "You good?"

"Yeah," I nod. "Thanks." I look back at Carol who is already looking back at us, a small smile on her face.

"You guys can go talk. I'm all good here." She says in her sweet mom voice.

"You sure?" I ask. I like helping since I couldn't for such a long time. "Noah can help us, too."

I smile at him and he gives me a playful little glare. "No. I'm fine here." She gives us one last smile.

"Alright... Thank you." I smile back.

Noah and I make our way to my cot and before we sit down, I wrap my arms around him in a tight hug. He hugs back, squeezing me against him. "Oh my god I was worried about you." He says, letting go, grabbing onto my shoulders, and staring deep into my eyes.

"Me too." I joke, winking at him.

"No... Sh." He puts his finger to my lips and shushes me, him trying to give me the real loaddown. "First you're hurt, and then you're freaking out, and then I can't even talk to you! It was like you died all over again and I was seeing your ghost or something."

"Hey," I point my finger at him. "I'm not the one who died."

"Well... I thought you died." He clarifies.

"Yeah, well, I had a better reason to believe you were dead." I tell him.

He nods in agreement. "Very true."

I sigh, loudly, giving him a small smile. "Sorry you thought I died."

He laughs, shaking his head. "I'm sorry you got hurt."