Thats Where It All Began

I've been on my own for quite sometime now.

Jamie is gone. The group is gone. Noah is gone.

And once again, I'm all on my own. How come I keep surviving, but no one else is?

I continue traveling on foot(lol how else?), sleeping in trees and such. I don't know what day it is. What year it is. Hell, I don't even know what time it is.

Winter is coming. I know that much. And if I'm gonna keep going, I'm gonna need to find actual shelter. I look day and night. Walking. Killing. Sleeping. Repeating. Day, after day, after day.

And that was when I stumbled upon the huge, brick, light brown building in the middle of the woods. Well, what used to be a parking lot and field, is now part of the woods. I find that the building is a library and that it's empty of walkers. Completely and utterly empty.

All books and shelves remain. And that's all I find. Books. The perfect place to stay for the winter. And I do. All winter, reading.

It was one night that I had to leave the library for good. I didn't want to. Hell, I was going to live there. I finished almost every book in the library and I was planning to read them all again. But, I woke up to the smell of burning flesh. I stumbled off the cot I had made myself using a table and some blankets, running down the steps to the kids section of books, only finding a fire had started and walkers were everywhere.

I ran back upstairs, my heart beating at a rapid rate as I gather the most important things into my bag. Food, Jamie's bunny, a blanket, my first AID kit, my knife and my gun. I run back downstairs, killing zombies along the way, as I stumble around the fire, desperately trying to find the exit.

That night I watched the only shelter I've ever had go up in flames. I slept in a tree. Walked the next morning. And walked. And walked. And walked.

I groaned in annoyance as I heard the familiar mumbles coming from behind me. I slowly turned around, holding my gun out in front of me as I took out three walkers. One shot to the head and they're dead.

I turned back around before any more zombies could come for me as I ran into the woods.

I slip through the woods with no effort at all, making little noise. I'm fast and light on my feet.

I look through the trees and see something that pulls me from my hunger thoughts(the only thing anyone thinks about anymore).

It looks like some sort of... building? I see a tall tower, so it's probably some sort of look out.

As I get closer, I spot the ginormous, gray, rundown(what isn't these days?) building with fences surrounding the whole perimeter. As I inch closer, I feel something push at the back of my head and I hear a clicking sound. That sound can only belong to a gun.

"Shit." I swear under my breath, clenching my fist around the knife I'm holding.

And that's when it all began. When Rick found me and I was taken into their group forever.