The Girl With The Green Eyes

I went to sleep for about four hours... which is the most I've slept consistently for in a long time.

The sun was now rising, so I sat up. I can't take just sitting there staring at the wall anymore. I swung my legs over the bed and slowly stood up. My right upper thigh where Rick had stabbed me was really sore and felt as if it was on fire.

"Shit..." I decided to push against the pain and walk towards the cell exit. I pushed aside the sheet Glenn had put up to give the room some privacy. He said they were doing it to all the cells in their cell block.

I looked both ways. I didn't see anyone roaming around yet, so I walked out of my cell and glanced around. There was an upstairs and a downstairs that both contained cells. We were in cell block C (I think can't remember) and they had the others blocked off.

I had two options. Go upstairs, killing my leg, just to be caught by the people sleeping up there, or I could go into a bigger room that leads to the exit of the cell block.

I began to walk towards the room, limping slightly. "Hey."

I jumped internally, feeling my stomach flip upside down. I turned around to see Glenn, holding hands with a tall girl. She was extremely pretty with short brown hair and bright green eyes. "Hey...?" I awkwardly waved at him.

"How are you feeling?" Glenn asks as he and, what I'm assuming is his girlfriend, stop to talk to me.

I nod. "Better, thanks."

"Well, you are walking, thats a good sign. Daryl about almost killed Rick for stabbing you." Glenn said, a joking smile on his face.

I smile too. "Why am I not surprised?"

"You should have Hershel check your leg again." The woman spoke, a soft smile on her face. "Just to make sure. You did lose a lot of blood..."

I nod at her, taking in the information. "Oh- sorry, Ally this is Maggie. Maggie, Ally." Glenn introduced us.

"Hi." Maggie says, a smile on her face. She does too have an accent.

"Hello." I smile back.

"I know this is all overwhelming," Maggie begins. I nod, because who am I kidding, it really is. "Who haven't you met yet? Maybe I could show you around."

I nod and smile back at her, again. "Sure, that would be great."

"Good! I've gotta go work the fences. But I'll see you two later?" Glenn let Maggie's hand go, beginning for the door.

Maggie nodded, kissing his cheek softly. Glenn blushed slightly, smiling at Maggie before scurrying off in the other direction.

I looked at Maggie and wiggled my eyebrows at her. She blushed, laughing softly. She looked towards the large room and acknowledged it with her head. "Come on."

I followed behind her, studying every little thing in the basic, quite empty, prison block. "How many people live here?" I ask as Maggie acknowledges me to sit down.

"Twelve." She answered pulling out a few rectangular cardboard boxes, which I'm assuming is cereal. "There were more..."

She sets two bowls down on the table, not looking at me as she pours some stale cereal into each bowl. "I'm sorry."

She looks up at me and nods. "Thank you... Me too."

Maggie pushes the bowl closer to me and I take it, though I'm not very hungry. "Sorry, we don't have milk."

"That'd be a miracle if you did had milk." I tease.

She laughs as she sits down across from me at the circular table. "Were you with a camp before this?"

I nod. "Awhile ago. But the camp got overrun and I never saw any of them again." I say, staring down at the unappetising cereal(but what is these days?).

"I'm sorry." She gives me a sympathetic look so I quickly change the subject.

"How long have you been here?" I ask, gazing up into her forest green eyes that are shining from the light breaking in through the windows.

She shakes her head. "Not long at all. Before this, we were at a farm... My farm."

"What happened?"

"Walkers overran the place, and then it burned down."

Before I could give her my sympathy again, the door swings open, and in walks a woman, holding a giant sword with blood on it.

"Hey." She says to Maggie before looking at me.

"Hey... Uh, Michonne, this is Ally."

"Daryl's daughter." Michonne nods, studying me up and down. "I can tell. They have the same face." Michonne crossed her arms, smirking. She has dark brown skin and long dreadlocks.

"Um... thanks?" I say, cocking my head to the side, raising an eyebrow.

Michonne chuckles softly. "You're welcome." She then looks back at Maggie. "Glenn just took my position but the walkers are building up by the fence. We could use all the help we can get."

Maggie nods, standing up. "You can stay here. Eat some breakfast." She acknowledges my untouched bowl of cereal.

I nod, although I'm not actually going to eat it and I'll probably just pour it back into the box. I watch them as Michonne and Maggie make their way to the door. "Good luck, don't die." I wave, jokingly.

They both turn around, smiles on their faces. "No promises." Michonne comments, and then they're gone. I stare down at the tan, crunchy looking cereal. My stomach twists just looking at it, so I pour it back into the box so I'm not wasting their food.

Just as I'm putting the bowls back where Maggie found them, I hear a soft humming echoing through the prison. I slowly make my way towards the corridor, listening closely.

Just as I'm about to walk into the corridor, someone is walking out and we almost collide.

"Oh!"

"Oh!" We said simultaneously.