We Have To Find Her

(Carl POV)

"We'll find you, Ally!" Dad yells just as the blonde man pulls Ally into their van. My heart is beating a million miles an hour and my body shakes with fear.

The very muscular girl is still holding her gun in our direction, and once she's in the van, we all grab our weapons from off the ground and shoot at the van's tires, but it doesn't work, and they drive off with Ally.

I drop my gun and turn towards Dad, I'm shaking violently and I can feel tears pushing against my eyes. "Whatdowedo? Whatdowedo?" I talk so fast my sentences become blobs.

"ALLY!" Daryl yells, dropping his crossbow, and running down the direction of the road the car left on.

"Daryl!" Dad looks away from me, to Daryl. "We can't catch them like that!" Dad runs after him, so generally I follow.

Daryl looks both ways down the road, looking frightened and confused. And in that moment he's like a rubber band, being stretched so far that he just snaps. Daryl then stops pacing and drops to his knees. He cries into his hands, punching the cement road. "Ally, no... Ally, why..."

"Daryl." Dad crouches down in front of Daryl, trying to make eye contact with him. "Daryl, she's not dead."

Daryl shakes his head, looking away.

"She's. Not. Dead." Dad repeats. "We have to find them before she is though. I'm gonna need you to get ahold yourself so we can find your daughter. It's the only way."

Daryl glances up at Dad, taking a deep breath, slightly rocking back and forth on his knees, sniffling.

"Can you do that for me, brother? For Ally?" Dad asks, his voice calm. He always seems to take situations like these and make them as smooth as possible, especially when everyone else is freaking out. I guess that's why he's leader.

Daryl nods, wiping his tears, and he stands up. "We need to find that van." He says roughly.

Dad nods, standing up as well. "We find the van, the find Ally."

"So, what do we do?!" I ask, getting both their attention. "We don't have a car! How are we going to get to her? How do we know which way to even go?!" And tears run down my cheeks.

Dad walks up to me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, Carl, calm down. We'll find her, I promise you that. I'm not losing anybody else."

Daryl nods, sniffling, agreeing with Dad. "We'll find her."

I nod, wiping my tears. Dad gives me a hug and I hug him back, sniffling. I pull away, anxious to get to her. "So, what do we do?"

Dad nods, quickly removing his hand off my shoulder to grab his gun. "I've got a plan."

"What?" I ask, wiping my eyes again.

"There's a town down the opposite way about three miles from here. Glenn and I went there once but there wasn't any food supplies so we left. Maybe there could be something there. Transportation wise, a car, a horse, anything, we'll use it. And if we leave now, I bet we could make it before anything bad happens."

"Okay, let's go!" I began in the opposite direction, walking fast.

"How do we know for sure something's gonna be there?" Daryl questioned, making me turn to face him.

"We don't, but it's the only chance we got. Camp is too far away." Dad explained. "We have to use what he have and use it now."

Daryl nodded, not liking we were going in blind when his daughter's life is on the line, but he knew Dad was right. This is the only shot we have, so we've got to take it.

We ran for awhile, now we're walking, me in front, desperate to get there as fast as we can. "She knew those people..." Dad said randomly, thinking aloud.

"What?" Daryl asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Ally knew those people that took her." Dad repeated, turning his head to look Daryl in the eye. "Think about it... they said they already had 'what they wanted' and then they took Ally away. She even knew their names..."

"But how?" Daryl asks, totally confused.

"Didn't she have a group before us?" Rick asks Daryl, who just shrugs.

"I think so... I've asked, but she doesn't like to talk about it much..." He resounds.

"She had a group before." I confirmed. We used to talk about our old lives all the time, Ally and I, back at the prison. "With Noah. It was her first and only group, before us."

"So Noah knows them too?" Daryl guesses, raising his eyebrows.

"I'd assume so." Dad answers, hiking his bag further up on his shoulders. "But we can't go back to the camp to get him... there's just no time."

We jogged the rest of the way to the small town. We decided to split up to cover more ground; I went left, Dad went right, and Daryl went in the forward direction. We met in the middle of the small town, out of luck.

"There's nothing." Daryl speaks, out of breath.

"Nothing??" Dad looks back at me and I nod my head, confirming it.

"No cars, no anything..." Daryl trails off, like he's missed something. "But we've got something with wheels." He says, realizing something in that moment. And he ran in the opposite direction.

Dad and I exchanged a glance before running after him, questioning him as to what he was doing. Very soon, we reach a small brick building with a Closed sign in the front window. Daryl tries the doors, but they're locked. So, he grabs a nearby rock, throws it at the glass window, breaking it into a million pieces that shatters everywhere.

"Daryl what-" But Dad stops himself once he looks inside the store, that Daryl had already started to enter through the broken window.
I followed Dad's gaze and saw over a hundred bicycles in the small store. We follow Daryl into the building, glass crunching underneath our hiking boots.

"Do you think we'll make it?" I ask, looking up at the different bikes hanging on the walls and scattered on the floor.

Daryl shrugs. "It's the only thing we got."
So, we strapped our guns over our shoulders, put our bags in the bike baskets, and hopped on.

Well... not exactly. "How do you do this?" I asked, both legs on the ground supporting me upright on the bike.

"Well, first you sit down." Daryl says as if it's the most obvious thing in the whole entire world.

"If I sit down, I'll fall."

"Pedal."

"Carl, you've ridden a bike before." Dad says, gazing over at me.

"Yeah, when I was nine!" I argue, clutching the handle bars.

"Kid, I haven't ridden a bike since I was your age. Just go with it." Daryl says, hopping on his bike.

I take a deep breath, nodding. Just go for it. Do it for Ally.

I grip the handlebars, hopping on the seat and frantically placing my feet on the pedals and taking off. "Carl!!" Dad calls after me.

My bike swerves and rocks, and I'm too afraid to look back because I know I'll fall. "I can't stop!" I explain.

"See," I hear Daryl chuckle. "He's got the hang of it."

I laugh, as does Dad, shaking my head. They ride behind me, probably doing better than I am, though I can't see them.

Once we're going for about twenty minutes, I finally get the hang of it and I can balance better. "What are we looking for?" I ask, finally glancing back at Daryl and Dad riding side by side.

"The van, any building of some sort..." Dad says, gazing around the area.

I nod, keeping look out for anything. And after a long time, I saw it. The van. I saw the god damn van they took Ally in.

And then I saw Ally.

A bloody Allison Elaine Dixon.