Alison

(Ally's POV)

My whole body ached in pain. It hurt to lay on my back so I flipped onto my side, closing my eyes, trying to get some sleep. My stomach, back, and legs stung so bad it hurt to move at all. But, when I saw Daryl, I was just so happy and relieved to see him, that I really hurt my arms and back as I hugged him.

He had saved me, carried me home, made sure I was okay... I don't know where it came from but something inside me said it was right. I called him Dad, and I don't regret it.

After all, in my opinion, he earned it. He's my dad and I love him and he loves me.

When I woke up, Maggie was right there next to me. She explained everything that had happened and I thanked her for helping me. For which she replied, "You don't have to thank me. We're family and I'd do anything for you."

And then Rick came over and talked to me. And those were the only three people I've seen all day. I was told Carl and Hunter were coming later to talk to me too, and I'm trying to sleep and rest, but it's hard when my whole body is screaming in pain.

The sun was setting now, and the blue colors in the sky slowly faded into a pink and yellow mixture. "Hey, Ally?"

I slowly turned over to see both Rick and Maggie looking at me. "Don't hurt yourself." Maggie says, coming to help me sit up and lean against the tree that makes my back sting like A MOTHER-

"Are you ready? I can go get Carl and Hunter." Rick says, kneeling down in front of me.

I look up at Maggie who smiles softly, but I don't smile back. I shake my head, looking back at Rick. "I-I don't..."

He looks at me, concern crossing over his face. "Are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

I shake my head no. I MEAN, YES MY WHOLE BODY IS DYING OF PAIN. But that's not what's concerning me, so Rick doesn't have to know that part.

"I don't want Hunter to see me like this... My face all beat up, he'll just be scared. I don't want him to be scared." Tears threaten to fall from my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away before they get a chance to escape.

Maggie shakes her head, as if I got it all wrong. She takes my hand in hers, and gazes down at me. "Honey, he won't be scared. He'll be more concerned if anything."

"Plus, I already told him he could see you. He doesn't know what to do without you, Ally. He's not taking no for an answer." Rick smiled, patting my leg. "He's like a younger and shorter version of Carl."

And that made me smile. I sniffled, wiping my eyes again, just in case. "Thanks."

He nodded, still grinning. "I can't make these things up." He patted my leg again, standing up. "I'll go get them, okay?"

I nodded, seeming more confident to myself. "Okay."
Rick walked away and Maggie kneeled down in front of me. "That boy loves you to no ends." She smiles, shaking her head.

"Which one? Hunter or Carl?" I joke.

She grins up at me. "Both."

I laugh, shaking my head. Then she stares at me, examining my face. "Can I check something real quick?"

I shrug. "Go ahead."

Maggie stands up and grabs a small handheld flashlight from her pile of medical supplies next to the cot. She turns it on, flashing it in my face. "Look up."

I do as told and she examines my one eye, and the one I still can't open. "We're gonna have to ice this soon." She tells me, clicking the flashlight off. "It should have swelled down by now."