Chapter Eleven

~ Brianna's POV~

    I wake up in a bright white room. I squint my eyes because I can't really see. I am laying in a bed.

    I turn my head and see Miles sitting in a chair he put at the side of my bed. His head is against the edge of my bed and he is holding my hand.

    I squeeze his hand and whisper to him. "Miles." He looks up at me.

    "Sleeping Beauty awakens." He says. I laugh.

    "Where am I?" His eyes fill with dread and I can see that he hasn't slept much in the past few days.

    "You have been in the hospital for a week or two now. After you blacked out on me Ansel and I brought you here, not without difficulty though. "

    "Why? What's wrong with me?"

    "The cancer spread." He doesn't have to say anything else. I know what that means.

    "This is the end isn't it?"

    "No. No it isn't. You will make it. We will find something." I have to hold back the tears. I am not afraid of dying. I have known I was going to die for a while now. I am afraid of hurting Miles.

    "Miles I have known that I was going to die for a while now. You don't have to keep it from me."

    "The doctor says you have a month or two but we will figure something out. I'm not going to let you die."

    "Miles you're going to have to let me go sometime."

    "No I won't. Not for a long time anyways."

    "but-"

    "No buts." We sit in silence for a moment. "Brianna why didn't you tell me before?"

    "I didn't want you to think less of me."

    "What do you mean?"

    "You have seen how the others act around me. They always act like I'm so fragile. They are scared to even touch me, like I might shatter. You are the first person who hasn't treated me like that. You made me feel normal for once. I didn't want that to change." I start crying slightly.

    "You aren't normal. You are extraordinary. Nothing, not even cancer, can change that. I won't treat you any differently because of some stupid disease." He says wiping away my tears.

    "Thank you." I say squeezing his hand. He nods.

   "You should get some rest." He says getting up to leave.

    "Miles." I say. He turns around.

    "Yes?"

    "Will you stay here? With me?"He nods turning back around.

    "Sure thing B." He says smiling. I make room for him and pat the space beside me on the hospital bed. He lays down beside me and I cuddle up to his chest. He wraps his arms around me.

    "B?"

    "That's what your friends were calling you. I thought I would give it a shot. It's a cute nickname." I laugh.

    "So what do I call you then? M?" I say my eyes drooping.

    "Nah. I'll get back to you about that."

    "Sure thing M" He laughs.

    "Whatever."

    He says something else but I am already asleep.