Chapter Twelve

I open my eyes to my mom shaking me with wide eyes. I am still lying on Miles' chest.

    "Your friends are here to see you."

    "Okay bring them on in." I say quietly not wanting to wake Miles. She nods and leaves the room shutting the door a little too loudly.

    Miles slowly opens his eyes smiling at me.

    "Good morning sleeping beauty." I say.

    "Hey! That's my thing." I laugh and he starts tickling me. Suddenly the door opens and my friends come in.

    "Hey..." Neomi begins her voice trailing off. Miles stops tickling me and we both look up. I blush brightly.

    "Hey Brianna. Want to introduce us to your 'friend'" Kaitlyn making air quotes at the word friend.

    "Guys this is Miles Teller."

    "Miles these are my friends." I say gesturing towards them.

     "Neomi is the quiet one on the corner. Bethany is the grinning one next to her. Annika is the weird one reading her book in the doorway. Aubrey is the one smiling next to Annika and Kaitlyn is the annoying one making air quotes."

    "Hey don't be jelly." Kaitlyn says. I roll my eyes.

    "So Bri I thought it was just a joke that he was your prostitute." Kaitlyn says grinning.

    "Really Kait? He is just a friend okay?"

    "Pft sure whatever." Kait says. Miles raises his eyebrows at me.

    "I'll tell you later." I whisper to him. He nods.

    "So B how are you holding up?" Beth says. You can almost taste the awkwardness in the room. My friends and I aren't good with serious.

    "I am fine. So Beth how are you and Carson doing?"

  She jumps into this big conversation about her and her boyfriend Carson. They have been dating for about 4 months now. We call him sonic the hedgehog. I honestly don't really like him.

    After a while of kind of kind of not listening to Beth drone on and on about sonic the hedgehog  Miles tells me he needs to go to filming.

    He leaves and soon after Ansel walks in. Annika stares at him until all of my friends leave a few hours later.

    "Brianna I need to tell you something." He says while we lay in my hospital bed.

    "What?" I say looking up at him. He looks me in the eyes and I look back confused. He leans in and before I know it he's kissing me.