Chapter Forty-Three

I answer the door and see all of my friends there, even Kait and Beth.

    "Hey guys come on in." I say letting them in. I walk into the kitchen and find some sacks. This time it's potato chips and Cherry Pepsi. We do this thing where we meet once a week at my house and just talk. Today's topic is prom.

    "So guys did you get a date yet?" Beth asks as we all sit down.

    "I'm going with Ansel." says Annika I raise my eyebrows.

    "You two are getting awfully close, now aren't you?"

    "Yeah, we're dating. We just are keeping it a secret." She says blushing and staring at the floor. I nod.

    "What about you Bri, are you and Miles going together?" Annika says giving me that look, the one that suggests something else that your friends always use.

    "Well he hasn't formally asked me yet but I'm assuming so."

    "What about you Kait? Are you and Tyler going together?" She looks worried. 

    "Um, no. We are having issues right now."

    "Oh, that's too bad." I say.

    "Yeah but I am going with someone else so...yeah."

    "Oh really who is it?" Beth asks irritated.

     "You'll see." Kait spits back. "So who are you going with Beth? Carson it Austin? Or are you going with some other man hoare you picked up at some party?"

    "Austin is not a man hoare!"

    "Sure he isn't." Kait says getting up and leaving.

    "What the hell was that all about?" I ask Beth who is glaring at the spot where Kait left.

    "It's a long story so if you want to hear about it you better get comfortable." We all nod and she begins telling her story.

    "Do you remember that party Miles had a few months ago?" Beth asks.

    "Hmm let me think about that. You mean the one where you guys insisted that I date Brandon again which lead him to almost rape me in Miles bedroom and Miles and I almost broke up forever? Yeah, I remember." They all give me weird looks but I ignore it.

    "Anyways." Beth says looking away. "After we decided to drink, I still blame you for that Bri," I put my hands up in defence. "I got really drunk and decided I was hungry so I went to the kitchen, remember I was really drunk.

    "Austin freaking Mahone was there! I said his name out loud without knowing it and next thing I know I'm laying on the ground covered in food. Austin brought me to the bathroom and was cleaning me up. One thing lead to another and we were making out in the bathroom." I whistle and Beth looks like she's about to kill me.

    "Kait walked in and she started yelling at me, we've been like this ever since."

    "Well can you blame her?" I ask.

    "What is there for her to be mad about? It's my life not hers."

    "Think about it Beth, she just hit cheated on. You cheated on Carson. She knows what it feels like so she hates you because of what you are putting Carson through. You did tell him didn't you?" Neomi says.

    "Yes I told him. I told him when I broke up with him."

     "Oh that fixes everything." Annika says. I chuckle a little.

     "You know what I did the right thing in the end doesn't that count for something?"

     "I guess." We all say and then change the subject.

    After everyone has left I grab a change of clothes and head over to Miles' apartment. When I get there I knock on his door.

    "Come in." I hear someone shout f from inside. I walk inside and see roses everywhere. The lights are out and there are candles everywhere. I close the door and someone walks behind me putting his hands over my eyes. Instincts kick in and I scream kicking the guy behind me in the balls.

    "Ow son of a-"

    "Oh my god I'm so so sorry." I say dropping my stuff and kneeling next to a hurt Miles.

    "It's fine." he says holding his crotch.

    "What's all this for?" I ask laughing slightly.

   "Prom. I was wondering if you want to go with mwa." I laugh.

    "Of course I do goofy. You and only you." He laughs and leans in kissing me firmly. "You know it would probably have been better if you would have just asked me." I say pulling back for air.

    "Yeah, but that's not our style." He says grinning. I laugh. "And besides I wouldn't be able to do this." He says standing up and putting a rose in his mouth bowing, asking me to dance. I chuckle and stand up putting a rose in my mouth. We dance a horrible version of the tengo. I laugh.

    "This is more our style." I say. Miles laughs and nods. "I love you." I say putting my head in his chest.

   "I love you too." He says pulling me closer.