Chapter Thirty-Seven

~Kait's pov~

    It is already February and so far nothing had cleared up. Beth and I are still fighting, Bri and Miles are still dating, Bri and I are in the middle of a war, and my moron of a brother is still living in my room.

    I'm going crazy. I don't know what I'm going to do I just can't get a break anywhere.

    I walk into school and see Bri waiting for me. She is talking to Tyler which is weird. I walk over to Tyler and grab his hand. He leans in and we kiss briefly.

    "Um Kait can I talk to you please?" Bri says. I am wary but I follow her anyway. We go outside.

    "Why are we going outside? It's cold." I say. She ignores my question.

    "I'm sorry. I know I've been a bitch lately but I have reason to."

    "Look you don't have to-"

    "No. You deserve to know the truth. I didn't tell you the real reason why Brandon and I broke up."

     "Bri what's wrong?" I ask her eyes are tearing up and she keeps looking away.

    "Brandon broke up with me because... because."

    "Bri you can tell me."

    "I wouldn't have sex with him. Brandon and I broke up because I refused to have sex with him." I look at her.

    "Why didn't you tell me? Why did you let us set you up with him fit that stupid party? Bri we have to do something."

    "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to freak out."

    "Too late." I say storming back into the building.

    "Kait wait don't do anything irrational." I don't listen instead I run through the building to the parking lot, Bri and Tyler following me. I get into my car. Tyler gets I the passenger seat and Bri gets in the back seat. I drive to Meridian High. When we get there I go up to the office.

    "I need to pull some students out of class."

    "Names please." I say the first and last names of Beth, Neomi, and Brandon.

    "What's going on?" Neomi says as she makes her way to the office.

    "We are going to kick Brandon's butt that's what." I say.

    "What why?" Bri quietly fills them in as Brandon walks up.

    "Hey B what's going on?" He says.

    "Don't call me that." She says. He looks confused. I walk up and grab him by the back of the neck dragging him outside.

    "Ow ow what the fuck." He says. Once we are outside I push him forward. He lands on his face.

    "You thought that you could get away with treating my friend like that? Oh boy were you wrong." I say kicking him on the side. He clutches his side.

    "This is assault." He says.

    "Yeah well I don't really give a crap." I say kicking him again. Neomi and I take turns kicking him for a while.

    "Guys stop." Bri says. We turn to look at her. "I've got it from here." She says and we back away. She drags him to his feet acc strips him down to his boxers. What is she doing? I think he is enjoying this a little too much.

    She drags him, in his underwear, to the flag pole and ties him to the flag pole with some plastic wrap Tyler had. Why is Tyler carrying around plastic wrap? After she ties him to the flag pole tightly she steps back and spits on him.

    "Fuck you you horny bastard." She says turning back to us. She quickly turns back around and slugs him in the face. We all laugh. She then grabs his clothes and heads back to my car.

    We all get in my car and drive to Miles' apartment, Bri drives. When we get there Bri brings Brandon's clothes with us. She puts them in the fireplace of the lobby when we get inside and head up to casa de Miles.

    Immediately after Miles opens the door Bri kisses him. They get into a big make out session so we just step around them.

    Bri tells him about what happened, not mentioning why get and Brandon broke up, and Miles smiles. Hey Miles smiles, it rhymes.

    "I'm proud of you B." She smiles too. They hug and he kisses her hair.

    "Miles I need to tell you something."

    "Mhm." He says.

    "I think I might be in love with you. I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you though." She says he grins. It sounds like she is quoting, probably Divergent. I still need to read that dang book. Well Bri still needs to read Son of Neptune.

    "That's sensible of you. Maybe we should get you dive paper do you can make a list our a chart out something."

    "What if I'm already sure, and I just don't want to scare you."

    "Then you should know better."

    "Fine, then I love you." They both burst into laughter.

    "B I think that was the first time you told me you love me." She nods.

    "You still haven't told me you love me."

    "Yes I did."

    "No. You've told everyone but me." He laughs.

    "Brianna May Loveless." He says grinning.

    "Yes?"

    "I love you." She smiles widely and they get into another make out session.

    "Can you put in a movie or something?" I ask and they laugh pulling away.

    "I've got it." She says pulling away and picking out a movie. She puts the movie in and sits on Miles' lap. I sit on Tyler's lap and Neomi gets the door.

    A minute later she walks out with Robbie carrying 3 bags of popcorn. I hadn't realized she texted him. She hands each couple a bag of popcorn and then sits on Robbie's lap.

    We sit on the couches feeding each other popcorn and watching The Emporer's New Groove. It feels good to have a break for once.