Chapter Twenty-Seven

~ two weeks later~

    "Brianna, Miles wake up." We flutter our eyes open at the same time. By now my mom has accepted that we are practically attached at the hip and so have the paparazzi.

    The paparazzi have been eating our story up. We never get any alone time but that's okay. I'm fine as long as Miles is next to me. He only leaves me alone when I'm using the bathroom or taking a shower. We sleep together in the hospital bed at night and my mom usually sleeps in one of the chairs by my bed.

    "What's going on?" I ask still sleepy.

    "You're coming home Munchkin!!!!"

    "No way. Really?"

    "Yes really. Your tumors have shrunk enough to where I can just give you the antibiotics at home now. With Miles' help of course." I smile and look at Miles. He looks at me and we hug.

    "I finally get to go home." I say crying slightly.

    "See. I told you you could be cured." I nod my head crying even more.

    "Thank you so much."

    "For what."

    "For everything. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for paying for my treatment. I will never be able to repay you."

    "You're worth it. You repay me everyday by just being alive." I smile and hug him tighter. We are about to kiss when my mom walks back into the room.

    "You ready to go?"

    "More than ready." I say. Miles laughs and gets out of the bed.

    "Okay see you soon." I say hanging up. Since I finally am free from the hospital I talked my friends into ditching school and meeting me here, at the gas station by my house.

    Miles went home to change a few minutes ago so I decide to sit in front of the gas station by myself waiting for everyone. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder. I smile turning around thinking it was Miles. My smile disappears when I see who it really is.

    "What do you want?" I ask my ex-boyfriend Brandon.

    "Don't need to sound so pissed." He says eyeing me with a smirk on my face.

    "Look I really don't have the time or the patience to talk to you right now so would you please just hurry the hell up."

     "You're feisty as ever." I give him a look that says 'shut up and get on with it'. "I know you're mad at me and I get that. But you should totally be my girlfriend again."

    "How about no?"

    "Oh come on you know you want this." He says motioning up and down his body.

    "There is no way in hell I'll ever forgive you so you might as well just give up now."

    "I'll give you some time to think it over." He says smirking and slipping a paper into my pocket. I roll my eyes and turn around to see Miles getting out of his car and walking toward me.

    "Hey there B."

    "Hey M." I say. He puts an arm over my shoulder and we walk into the gas station. We head over to the refrigerators that hold the sodas and talk for a second.

    "I brought the money did you bring the ass?" Miles asks me laughing. Ever since Kaitlyn started calling him my prostitute around him he has been joking about that sign. I giggle twisting my torso to slightly look at my butt.

    "I hope it's enough." I joke twisting back around to face him.

    "It's perfect." He says wiggling his eyebrows. We burst into laughter to the point where Miles is lying on the ground and I'm holding my stomach.

    He stands back up and I stand up straight again and look him in the eyes. I can feel that connection again. The one that makes me want to kiss him so badly. I think he feels it too because he leans in to kiss me.

    I am caught off guard. I check my breath quickly to make sure it doesn't smell bad. I am so nervous. I don't want to screw this up. I lean in and right as our lips are about to touch his phone rings.

    We both open our eyes and look at each other for a second. We slowly pull back and be pulls out his phone. I stare awkwardly at the ground. Be looks from me to his phone and back again. Suddenly be tosses his phone behind him.

    "Fuck it." He says putting a finger under my chin and pulling my lips to his. We kiss fiercely our lips in perfect synchronization. I tangle my fingers in his hair and his hands are on my hips. He backs me up pressing me up against the refrigerator. One word to describe this moment? Magical.

~Miles' Pov~

    She hesitates at first. I don't care I would stand here for 1,000,000 years as long as she kissed me at the end. As she leans in and our lips are about to touch my phone goes off.

    We open our eyes and I seriously think about ignoring it and kissing her anyways. I pull back and grab my phone. It's Theo. I look at her and then the phone and back again. What should I do? Answer or kiss her? Fuck this she's more important.

    "Fuck it." I say throwing my phone behind me. I hear a crash but I don't care. I can always buy a new phone but I can't wait for this moment anymore.

    I put a finger under her chin and pull her lips to mine. I kiss her. What was a passionate kiss is now a fierce make out session. Our lips move in perfect synchronization and I swear we were made for each other.

    She puts her hands in my hair and I put my hands on her hips, pushing her against one of the refrigerators.

    There are so many words to describe this moment; perfect, amazing, mind-blowing. The perfect word for this moment though, is magical.