Chapter Fifteen

Today is the first day back to school. I am really not looking forward to it. Sure this is our last year in high school but I probably will die before its over, literally.

    It takes at least ten more times of prodding then usual to wake me up this morning. I walk into the bathroom, put on my make-up, and brush my hair.

    I look in the mirror. I have long blonde hair that goes down to my belly button. I put it in its usual causal pony tail.

   I am wearing my trademark gold eyeshadow and black eyeliner. My eyes change color depending on my mood but mostly, they are dark blue almost black.

    I have never thought of myself as pretty or attractive but Miles makes me feel different, like I could be pretty.

    I get dressed in a black zip-up jacket and jeans with long knee length boots. I grab my backpack and quickly eat breakfast. Miles is waiting outside the door when I walk outside.

    "Hey there B. You ready to go?"

    "Sure thing M." He laughs and we walk to his car.

    "You aren't going to tell your friends about me screaming on the zipline are you?" After a while of silence.

    "Oh you know I will."

    "Oh come on."

    "It was fricking hilarious. Who knew you would scream like a little girl?"

    "So this is hell."

    "Oh come on. It's not that bad. It's okay to scream like a little girl... if you're a little girl." I bust up laughing.

    "I still can't believe you didn't scream."

    "Why would I? It was one million of my dreams coming true at once. Now I get to cross ziplining off of my bucket list."

    "What dreams were those?"

    "Ziplining, meeting Veronica Roth, meeting the cast, and becoming a bird."

    "Becoming a bird?"

    "I want to fly."

    "That's what airplanes are for."

    "No, not that kind of fly. More like a free fly. How birds fly." He nods his head.

    "That would be pretty cool."

    "I hope if I get reincarnated I will become a bird."

    "What?"

    "Haven't you ever thought of what happens after you die?"

    "Well yeah I guess."

    "A lot of people worry about it, but I just want to live life and worry about what happens in death later. Live in the spectacular now."

    "You sound like Sutter Keely now."

    "I know. I just want to keep my options open. So I come up with a bunch of options. Turning into a bird during reincarnation is one of them."

    "What's another. Turning into a star."

    "Like a celebrity?"

    "No like the stars and the moon kind of star. Those are my favorites."

    "Interesting."

    "Do you think I'm weird?"

    "No. I think you are amazing." He says parking the car. I nod and we get out walking into my school.

    "You don't have to come in."

    "I know, but I want to." We walk in and I put my backpack in my locker. I put my binder on the bench where Kait and I usually meet in the morning.

    "So you never did explain the prostitute thing." Miles says looking at me.

   "I guess I didn't."

    "Care to explain now?"

    "Okay, come with me." I grab his arm and pull him across the hall to a poster next to the milk machine.

    It has a picture of a girl with hoop earrings and the Zions bank logo. At the bottom it says "You bring the A's we bring the money.".

    "I made up a story about this poster. The girl right there," I say pointing to the girl. "She is becoming a prostitute."

    I point to a catch phrase on it. "We haven't forgotten who keeps us in business."

    "Most prostitutes keep their money made at Zions. Zions has been supportive of prostitutes since the early 1930's." Miles laughs really hard.

    "Okay so where do I come in?"

    "Well we used to joke about who our prostitutes were. I joked around about you and Theo and my now ex-boyfriend Brandon being my prostitutes."

    He looks at me and we both crack up laughing. I laugh so hard that I am on the floor clutching my stomach. He grabs my hand and helps me back up.

    We look into each others eyes, still holding hands. I feel like I could do anything with him.

    I long to close this gap between us and kiss him, but I won't. Instead I keep staring into his beautiful amber brown eyes.

    Miles opens his mouth to say something to me but he is interrupted.

    "Excuse me. We have a no touch policy here." Says a brown haired teacher glaring at us.

    "I'm sorry mame." Miles says letting go of my hand and breaking our gaze. "It won't happen again." She nods and walks away.

    "I better go. I'll see you after school." He says making sure the brown haired teacher isn't looking before hugging me and walking back to his car.

    I wait for quite a while until the buses get here. I am reading Allegiant again when Kaitlyn finally gets there. I look up from my book and see some other form of Kaitlyn that I hardly ever see.

    This Kaitlyn has tear stains on her face and I can tell she is trying to keep from crying more. What the hell happened?