Chapter Forty-One

~ Brianna's Pov~

   I can't believe I'm actually kissing Miles Teller in a pool half naked. I try to deepen the kiss but Miles pulls back. I feel the slight pang of rejection but I ignore it. I pout and he laughs. He splashes me and I splash him back.

    Once we quit splashing I get out to go get us towels. I forgot where they were so I walked into Theo's room to ask him.

    "Hey Theo were are-? Oh my..." I say. Theo and Shai were having sex. I rush out of the room closing the door behind me. I stand at the wall staring at the ceiling.

    A few seconds later Theo comes rushing out of the room pulling up his shorts.

    "Bri I am so sorry."

    "No, I'm the moron who never knocks." I say thinking about the time when I walked in on Miles naked and blushing.

    "It's fine, just please don't tell Miles."

    "What that you're banging his friend?" I shout. "I don't get why he would be upset about that." Theo rolls his eyes.

   "Settle down. It's not like that, I really like Shai." We exchange looks for a moment.

    "I was wondering where the towels were." I say he smiles.

    "You practically live here how do you not know where the towels are?" He says grinning and walking over to the closet that is across the hall from the bathroom.

    "Miles usually gets me a towel." I say. He laughs handing me a towel. I grab it.

    "Thanks." I say. He nods and I turn around walking back out to the pool.

    "Hey Bri?" Theo says. I turn back around. "I like your swim suit." He says chucking. I remember that I am in my underwear and I blush. He laughs harder and I flip him off before walking back out to the pool.

    When I walk out there I see Miles hide something behind his back. I hand him a towel and he smiles. He turns on Pandora and "I'll be" starts playing.

    "Our sing." I say smiling. He laughs. We begin dancing. I am now half naked dancing with Miles fucking Teller, who is also half naked, to our song. This is a dream. When our song ends Miles pulls back and looks at me beaming. He grabs and whatever he had hidden and holds it behind his back.

    "B, I don't have some big speech made up because all you need to know is I love you to the moon and back times 4,000,000. So with that.." He pulls out a black box with the Dauntless symbol on it.

    "Brianna May Loveless, will you marry me?" He opensthe box to show an engagement ring. The ring is big and sparkly and absolutely beautiful.

    I look at Miles. The man I love is asking me to marry him. Isn't this what I've always been dreaming of? Then why does it feel so wrong?

    "I, I can't." I say shaking my head and taking my hand away, my eyes tearing up. Miles is in a daze as I quickly grab my clothes and run into the apartment.  I quickly put my clothes on and head for the door crying. I see Shai walking out the front door of the lobby and Theo waving goodbye.

    "Leaving so soon?" Theo asks and  then sees the tears running down my cheeks.

    "What's wrong?" He asks. I open my mouth to say something but just end up crying. Theo walks over to me and hugs me.

     "Ssh, ssh. It'll be okay, everything's okay." He says hugging me as I cry into his shirt. I nod still crying. After a few minutes he lets me go. I see Miles.