Chapter Twenty-Four

I'm getting ready for the premier in Miles' hotel room. I have the bathroom he has the actual room. I do my makeup the way Shai taught me to before our last premier. I'm wearing a long blue dress. I leave my hair down. It has waves because I went to bed with braids in last night.
    When I am all done I walk out of the bathroom.
    "Hey Miles. OH MY GOD." I say covering my eyes and trying to run back into the bathroom. Miles is still changing and is completely naked. I run into the door still trying to get back into the bathroom.
    "I'm so so sorry." I say uncovering my eyes and running into the bathroom. I close the door waiting for Miles to knock or tell me he is done. I can't believe that just happened. I can feel myself blushing. I am sitting on the sink counter when Miles knocks and then opens the door.
    "Hey." he says.
    "Hey." I say back not looking at him. "Look I'm so sorry. I should have knocked. I just don't have much in the common sense department." He nods and we sit in silence for a moment. We don't look at each other, we just stare awkwardly at the ground.
    "We should go." Miles says suddenly.
    "Yeah. Don't want to be late." I nod. I get off of the counter and we walk out of the door and to the limo in silence.

     "I can't take this anymore." Miles says when we are half way to the premiere.
    "What?"
    "The awkwardness. I don't care if you saw me naked. I just want to keep talking to you. You're the most important thing in my entire life." I smile.
    "You're the most important thing in my life too Miles." I say. He smiles and we hug.
    "You know since you saw me naked I think I should see you naked." Miles says when we pull away from the hug.
    "What? Where did you get that stupid idea?"
    "It's just common sense. You know like an eye for an eye but naked for naked."
    "That just sounds wrong."
    "I know but still." He says eyeing me.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
    "What? Who said that?"
    "Ghandi did."
    "Screw Ghandi. He would probably agree with me on this situation."
    "Yeah right." I say laughing.
    "He would." He says laughing. We quit laughing after a second.
    "B you are freaking beautiful." He says. I blush and look down.
    "You don't mean that."
    "Yeah. I do. B you are freaking beautiful and I'm-" The door next to me opens. I didn't realise we had stopped. I laugh and get out soon followed by Miles.
    "We should find Theo and Shai." I say to Miles. He nods and we walk down the carpet looking for Theo and Shai.
    "Miles over here." All of the girls scream. He laughs and grabs my hand dragging me over to the girls.
    "Hey ladies." He says signing anything and everything they hand him.
    "OH MY GOD IT'S BRIANNA LOVELESS MILES' GIRL FRIEND!!!!" They shout handing me things to sign.
    "He's not really..."
    "Can I have your autograph too?"
    "Um sure." I suddenly get nervous. So many people are here. I am starting to get crowded. The first premier wasn't anything like this. I sign a few things and I back up starting to get dizzy.
    "B are you okay?" I just shake my head no. Miles leaves the group of girls and walks over to me.
    "What's wrong?"
    "I'm really dizzy." I say. I grip his shoulder as I fall. He catches me and lays me on the ground.
    "Someone call an ambulance!" Miles shouts. I look him in the eyes and I can feel myself slipping into unconsciousness.
    "Bri, Brianna you're going to be okay." Miles says. I don't believe him but I nod anyway. "Bri look at me. Look." I look in his eyes. I am almost gone but I can't let go. I have to hold on. I need to know what Miles is going to tell me.
    "Bri. I... I love you." He says his eyes tearing up. I smile at him. I want to tell him. I want to tell him that I love him too. The black edges in my vision have grown and I can't fight it anymore. I feel the smile leave my face before I go unconscious.

~Miles' Pov~

    "Bri. I... I love you." I say. I have to force myself to keep the tears in. She smiles and it looks like she is about to say something. Suddenly her smile fades and she closes her eyes. She isn't breathing and she has no pulse.
    "Help. Somebody help." I shout. Shai pushes me aside and starts doing cpr. I am trying my best not to cry but I can't help it now. I just told her I love her and now she is dead. I get up off of the ground and get into the ambulance with Bri and Shai still crying.
    "Miles it's going to be okay." Shai says grabbing my hand. I nod but I can't stop crying.
    "What if it's too late." I say.
    "It won't be. She'll be okay."
    "How do you know? She wasn't breathing just a second ago."
    "What would Bri say to you right now if she could see you?"
    "She would probably say something like 'stop being a pansycake. Be a man and suck it up. I'm not crying so you shouldn't either.'"
    "Well then. I think you should take her advice." I nod and wipe away my tears. When we reach the hospital they do the best they can to help her before flying her out to the cancer clinic that we were going to go to after the premiere week. I do not cry any more. I just think about the words she would say to me and the words Shai said to me in the ambulance. Everything will be okay.