Chapter Twenty-Two

I wake up at nine the next day and I just can't manage to fall back asleep. Miles is still asleep and has his arms around me. I turn around so that I am facing him.

"Miles." I whisper. "Miles wake up." He moans and pulls me closer.

"Five more minutes."

"No come on wake up."

"Go back to sleep B."

"I can't." I say and smile when I get a great idea.

"The sky's awake so I'm awake so we have to play."

"Go play by yourself." He says taking his arms out from around me. It must be too early for him to understand that I was quoting our movie.

I laugh and roll over so that I am on top of him.

"Do you want to build a snowman?" He opens his eyes and laughs.

"I wish. We are in Los Angeles. When do they ever see snow?"

"You're right." I say and I look at the ceiling. "We could go sight seeing."

"Great idea. We shall leave after my nap."

"Oh come on Miles."

"Okay okay fine." He says laughing. I nod my head and get off of him.

"Thank you." I say standing on the floor.

"Hey Miles." I say as he sits up.

"Yeah?" Do I really want to tell him? How in the world could I tell him I like him more than just a friend? I'm going to tell him.

"I-" I can't do it. "I call the shower." I say running to the bathroom. Ugh I am such a pansycake.

"Dang." I hear Miles say running after me. I get to the bathroom before him.

"Haha I win." I say reaching the bathroom door. I fling the door open and hit my head on it.

"Crackers with cheese." I yell holding my head. I look at Miles and we both start laughing. I slide into the bathroom and as I'm about to close the door behind me Miles grabs my hand.

"Bri I..."

"Yes?" Does he like me too?

"We should take a shower together. Not waste water." I laugh.

"Why don't you go make breakfast Miles?" I say closing the door. Of course he doesn't like me? I face palm myself right where I hit myself with the door. God dangit.

"So... where are we going?" I ask Miles he refused to let me drive.

"I can't tell you. It's a surprise."

"Pwety pwese?" I say making a puppy dog face.

"Don't. Please don't." He says. I quiver my lip.

"I'm not gonna tell you." He says staring at the road.

"Ugh fine." I say looking out the window." We rented a car for the day. "I still say we should have rented the motor cycle." I say. Miles laughs.

    "We'll rent a motor cycle in Verona." He says. I nod my head in approval. Our next stop is New York and then, Verona, Italy. Miles parks the car and we get out.

    "This is the first stop of our L.A. day." He says.

    "The Hollywood Walk of Fame."

    "Cross that off my bucket list." I say. I was joking but Miles makes a face.

    "You have a bucket list?"

    "Yeah."

    "You are too young to have a bucket list."