Chapter Forty-Five

"Brianna you have to eat something." Theo says. He tries handing me the bag of McDonald's again but I refuse.

    "No, even if I do eat it I'll just throw it up anyways. Let's face it, I'm nothing without him." I say looking back at Miles.

    "He wouldn't want you to give up on living just because he isn't living anymore." I know he's right but I just shake my head.

    "I'm not eating it." I say. He puts the bag next to Miles' bed.

    "God he was right. You are stubborn." I ignore him and keep holding Miles' hand. Suddenly I see his mouth twitch.

    "Theo did you see that!?!?" I ask jumping up.

    "No what?"

    "His mouth twitched!"

    "Brianna I think-"

    "No, I know what I saw and his mouth twitched!"

     "You wish his mouth twitched. Brianna he isn't waking up. You need to deal with that."

     "No, he wouldn't give up on me. Why should I give up on him?"

     "Brianna please." Theo says reaching for my arm.

     "No, don't touch me. Just leave me alone." I shout at him. He backs up and out of the room.

    It has been a month since the accident. I am graduating in a week and Miles still isn't doing any better. He's in a coma.

     I haven't left his bedside since I got here, at least not for very long. Occasionally the nurse will kick me out of his room so she can bathe him or check how he is doing and I'll go change my clothes or take a shower. I leave to use the bathroom as well but that's it.

    I can tell my friends are worried about me and so are Miles' friends. I haven't slept much since I found out. I haven't eaten much and usually what I do eat I end up throwing up. The only reason I'm not falling behind in my school work is because Kait brings it to me.

    All I have done lately is school work, writing, and running through the night of the accident. I think about our fight and him telling me not to forget that he loves me. I think about the phone call I got from Theo and when I learned about what condition he was in.

    I run to the front desk, still in my pajamas and barefoot.

    "I need the room number of Miles Teller please." I say.

    "Yeah, you and every other girl in the area. Not going to happen sweetheart." The lady at the front desk says.

    "Listen here." I say leaning in close to the lady. "I NEED to know that room number. My boyfriend is dying in there. He NEEDS me and so help me of you get in my way I will chop you into a thousand pieces and send you straight down to hell." I shout at the lady. She doesn't look shaken at all.

    "Security, we have another crazy fangirl." She says talking into a walkie talkie. I jump across the desk to strangle her but Theo catches me and pulls me back.

    "Go sit down, I'll handle this." I do as he says reluctantly. He talks to the lady and she nods. She sends us back and I head into his room. I am stopped in front of his room by a nurse.

    "I have to warn you he is pretty bad. He's in a coma. We don't know if he will wake up or not. There is also a good possibility that if he does wake up he will have memory loss and he might be paralyzed." I nod my head and gulp back the tears. She opens the door and Theo and I walk inside.