Chapter Forty

~Miles' Pov~

    I put the ring in my pocket and head over to Zack's house to hang out.

   "Hey Miles." He says opening the door and giving me a man hug.

   "Whoa dude is there something in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" He says grinning. I laugh and pull out the ring. He grabs it and his eyes go wide.

    "Yes a million times yes." He says pretending to be a chick. I laugh.

    "It's not for you moron. It's for B. I'm going to ask her to marry me tonight." Zack smiles.

    "That's great bud." He says clapping me on the back. "So she's the one huh?" I nod looking at the ring.

    "Yeah, she's the one." I say. He smiles again and looks at the ring as well.

    "That sure is one sexy ring." He says. I smile nodding and laughing. I put the ring back in my pocket and we decide to play some video games. At 5:30 I leave Zack to go pick B up from girl scouts.

    "Hey M." Bri says as she gets in the car. I think of the ring in my pocket.

    "Hey B." I say kissing her. She smiles.

    "Do you want to go to your house or mine?"

    "Yours." I nod and begin driving. Bri smiles and holds my hand. Suddenly 'wherever you are' by 5 seconds of summer comes on and she grins widely. This song is definitely older. I don't know why is playing on the radio but she is so adorable.

    "For a while we pretended that we never had to end it but we knew we'd have to say goodbye. You were crying at the airport when they finally closed the plane door. I could barely hold it all inside." She begins to sing along. She is so adorable.

    "What?" She asks no longer singing.

    "Oh nothing. You just sing nicely and you adorable." I say grinning and looking back at the road.

    "You don't mean that."

    "I totally mean it." She smiles abs squeezes my hand. I squeeze back. We stop in front of the house and get out. I grin leaning against the door and kissing her when we get there. I remember what Theo said about sex in relationships and I wonder if he's right. She pulls back too soon and I frown.

   "Let's go inside." She says I Brian but open the door. People jump out everywhere.

    "Surprise." They all shout and Bri kisses me.

    "Happy Birthday." She whispers in my ear.

    "How did you know?"

    "Google. I knew your birthday before I even met you." I laugh shaking my head. She grins.

    Theo charges at us and picks me up. Pretty soon I'm crowd surfing a crowd of my friends. I've lost Bri.

    Theo puts me down. After he sets me on the ground be looks at me questionably. He taps his ring finger slightly and then motions to my pocket so nobody knows. I nod and he grins.

    "Hey babe." I hear behind me and Bri grabs my hand.

    "So you really actually did know all day that it was my birthday but you didn't tell me?"

    "Yep, and I wasn't really at girl scouts today. I skipped to help set up the party."

    "Your tricky." I say waving a finger at her. She grins.

     "Only for you she says. I kiss her.

     "CAKE!!!!" I hear Theo shout enthusiastically. I pull back grinning.

    "We better get some cake before Theo eats it all." She says u nod and we run off to get our cake.

    After the party Theo, Bri, and I sit on the couch watching Frozen.

    "You know Brianna and her friend Kaitlyn planned the entire thing out." Theo says.

    "Oh really?" I say my arms wrapped around Bri.

    "Yeah, but Theo helped." She answers snuggling into my chest.

    "Bri paid."

    "Well thank you both of you." Theo nods. The movie ends and Theo goes to bed.

    I lean in and kiss her. She kisses back. Once I try to deepen the kiss she pulls back smiling.

    "No fair." I say pouting. She chuckles.

    "Come on let's go." She says grabbing my hand. We head out to the swimming pool. A few months ago Bri jumped into this pool drunk.

    "I don't have a swim suit." I say.

    "Neither do I." She says slipping off her shoes. She takes off her socks and sweatshirt. Then she takes off her jeans and her shirt so she is just in her underwear. I can't help thinking about what Theo said earlier today.  

    I slip off my clothes jumping in the water wearing only my boxers. Bri grins. I pull her close to me and kiss her. She kisses back. She tries to deepen the kiss but oh do I love revenge. I pull back and she frowns. I grin.

    She splashes me and I splash her. Soon we are in a splashing war. After a while we get out. Bri goes to get some towels and I pull the ring box out of my jeans. I hear her coming back so I quickly hide the ring. She hands me my towel and I smile at her. I turn on Pandora and I'll be starts playing.

    "It's our song." She says drying her hair. I nod at her. I offer her my hand abs she takes it. We begin dancing in our wet underwear. Once the song is over I grab the ring.

    "B, I don't have some big speech made up because ask you need to know is I love you too the moon and back times 4,000,000. So with that."

    I get down on one knee and open the ring box holding it out for her.

    "Brianna May Loveless, will you marry me?"

A/N

    Haha cliff hanger.

    If you guys want to see a picture of anything related to Briles or one of my other stories follow my Divergent instagram @dauntless_amity_46

    If there is anything not on there that you want to see from these books please comment what you want to see. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

    xoxox,

Fourloveforever