Chapter Forty-Four

A/N

    If you want to see awesome pictures of this book follow my instagram account and/ or my pinterest account. My instagram is @dauntless_amity_46 and my pinterest is Briles Pics.

    Also please read Life in a Fairytale by @bejaylin1 and The Nerd and/ or Kyler by @middlebooher.

    "Are you sure about this?" I ask Kait, who is in the other room. I am still in my bathroom looking at myself in the mirror.

    "Yeah, Tyler was being a jerk so I want him to see that somebody else can love me." She says as I walk back into my room.

    "I don't know Kait. I mean I tried it once and it almost ruined Miles and I. I don't want you to make the same mistake I did." Kaitlyn managed to get Miles to set her up with someone for prom.

    "I know but this is different." She says looking up from her phone.

    "Is it?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

    "Yes it is now shut up." She says looking back at her phone. "Who did Miles set me up with anyway?" I get a devious look on my face.

    "None other than Taylor Daniel Lautner." I say grinning widely. Kaitlyn groans and I laugh. Kait isn't the type of girl who likes guys with movie star hotness. To be honest I kind of admire her for it, but at the same time I find it crazy.

   "Why, of all people why him?"

    "He's not that bad." I answer.

    "He looks like a freaking lama." I laugh. There isn't arguing with that, it is kind of true.

    "Well he's got some nice abs."

    "Steroids." She whispers. I roll my eyes.

    "Hey chicken wing Miles is-" My mom says opening the door once again without knocking. "Oh my god. You look beautiful." She says wrapping me in a hug. She begins to cry and I find myself holding back tears.

    "Don't cry mom." I say. "You're going to make me cry." She pulls back from the hug and wipes her eyes.

    "I'm sorry, I'll stop. Hey look tonight is a night of miracles, you got Kait to wear makeup and a dress." I laugh.

    "Yeah, I couldn't get her to wear the heels but whatever." I say. She laughs.

    "Hey could I get some pictures of you guys before you leave?"

    "Sure." I say dragging Kait off the bed. She groans and heads out to the living room. I grab my clutch and adjust my hair one more time before slowly walking to the living room.

    I watch my feet as I enter the room. I'm not too sure about my heels. When I look up I can see my mom with a camera and Miles, his mouth wide open.

    I am wearing a long soft yellow dress with straps and silver gems starting on my back and ending just under the bodice. My hair is simple. I just pulled my bangs back. My nails are fake, they have gold gems on them and I am wearing gold heels. I have mascara and foundation on and my eyeshadow goes from black to gold to beige.

    He closes his mouth and grabs my hand bowing and kissing it. I can hear my mom taking pictures of it.

    "My lady, your chariot awaits." Miles says still bowing. I roll my eyes and pull him to his feet. I hug him close.

    "You make it sound like I'm Queen Elizabeth or something." I say he grins.

    "No, you're Sleeping Beauty." He says. I laugh.