Chapter Sixteen

"What happened?"
    "So I went by Gavyn's house to give him some soup because he said he was sick." Gavyn was Kait's boyfriend. They have been an on again off again thing for about a year or two. They have been dating for about six months this time around.
    "His parents are on this buisness trip and they aren't supposed to be back until noon today so I just went in, using the spare key under the welcome mat. I heard him in his room so I went inside."
   "Oh no."
   "Yes. Bri he cheated on me. He was having sex with some other girl." I jump off the bench forgetting about my book and hugging my friend.
   "Kait I'm so sorry."
   "I know what you're going to say. 'Don't sweat it. You guys will get back together again in a week tops.'"
    "Actually that wasn't what I was going to say."
    "Then what were you going to say?"
    "I was going to say that you need to stand up for yourself. You can't take crap from this jerk any longer."
    "You're right."
    "You're dang right in right come on." I say grabbing her arm and dragging her, and our stuff, to the door.
   "What where are we going?"
    "We are going for a ride."
    "We are ditching??!! Bri I can't do that."
    "Chill Kait just come on let's go."
    "Ugh fine. But if we get in terrible it's all on you."
    "Fine by me."
    "Crap."
    "What?"
    "We are going to the ally first okay."
    "What now we are ditching school and getting high? #trouble."
    "Ugh Kait we are not getting high. Okay? We are just waiting here until I can get somebody to give us a ride. And stop with the stupid #s okay."
    "And now we are hitchhiking. Really Bri?"
    "Kait. Do me a favor and shut up for a moment please." I text Miles asking him to pick us up in the ally near the school asap. He is there in a matter of minutes.
    "Ditching school on the first day ladies?" He says pulling up.
    "Oh shut up and drive." I say once we get in.
    "Okay where are we going?"
    "Well first we have to make a few stops." I say. "To Beth's house please."
    "And where would that be?"
    "Ugh switch me spots I'll drive."
    "Okay fine cranky. Just be careful with my baby." We switch spots, me hitting him when we reach each other. I drive off to Beth's house.
    Beth is home schooled. Beth, Kait, and I all live in Nampa. Neomi and Annika live in Meridian. Neomi goes to Meridian High while Annika goes to Renaissance. When we get to Beth's house I pull out my phone and text her.
    Get some clothes on and get your butt out here. Make sure to bring a carton of eggs and 5 rolls of toilet paper.
    xoxox,
Bri
    She walks out of her house soon after with a carton of eggs and toilet paper.
    "What is this about?"
    "Just come on you'll find out later."
     "Okay whatever." We drive to Meridian and I text Neomi telling her to meet us out front. After picking up Neomi we go and pick up Annika.
    We don't have enough seats so someone has to sit in somebody's lap.
    "Come on guys someone had to do it."
    "Not it." They all yell touching their noses. The only two people who didn't are Miles and I.
    "Guys I can't I have to drive."
    "To bad so sad." Beth says. "Neomi will drive." Miles seems hesitant to let Neomi drive but we get in the back anyways.
    Kaitlyn is in the middle between Bethany and Miles and I. I am sitting on Miles lap. Annika is in the passenger seat and Neomi of course is driving. I whispered to Neomi where to drive to so nobody else will know what I am planning.

    The drive is pretty quiet except for the music. Kaitlyn explains what happened to everybody else and then everybody just stares at Miles and I. Miles seems tense. I giggle at a random moment because thats what I do when I'm nervous. Everybody looks at me wierd and we burst into laughter.  
    "What was that B."  Miles whispers huskily in my ear. I shiver and look up at him.

    "I laugh when I'm nervous." I whisper back in his ear and he laughs. We once again look into each others eyes and I feel that spark that wasn't there when I kissed Ansel.