Chapter Seventeen

It has been one month since the day we ruined Gavyn's life forever and really all it has been is going to Vallivu with Kait, coming in and out of the hospital, and talking to everyone else on kik.
    Miles brings me to school every day. He is always trying to tell me something but he gets cut off, or we will have a moment and it gets ruined by someone.
    I get ready putting on my clothes, putting on some makeup, and brushing my teeth. I am about to go eat breakfast when I get a text from Miles.

    Don't eat breakfast just come outside.

    Miles

   That's creepy. Is he watching me get ready? I search everywhere but I don't see him. I finally give up and walk outside to see Miles leaned up against the hood of my car.

    "What is this? Are you trying to act like one of those girls in the rap videos? Or maybe one of the playboy girls?" I ask him walking up to my car. He laughs and shakes his head.

    "No I'm trying to act sexy."

    "For who it's just me here."

    "I figured it would make you say yes."

    "To what?" 

    "I'll tell you when we get to where we are going."

    "Ugh fine." We walk over to his car.

    "I want to drive." I say. Miles has one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. He owns this beautiful black nissan maxima with red seats. He owns another car but it isn't anything special. His other car is an electric blue dodge avenger. He laughs nodding and throwing the keys to me. I, being the clutzy person I am, fail to catch them. They hit the tips of my fingers and fall to the ground.

    "Sheroni." I say grabbing the keys from the ground and walking to the drivers side. He starts laughing even harder. I glare at him and he gets in the car. 

    "Oh come on you know that was funny." 

   "I can't decide if you are a prick or a moron."

   "Or smexy."

   "Smexy?"

    "Super mega sexy."

    "Whatever." I say forming a W with my hands." 

    "Hey, hey hands on the steering wheel." 

    "Sorry wouldn't want to hurt your baby."  I say rolling my eyes.

   "That's right."

    "Where do you want to eat?"

    "You pick."

    "Los Betos it is." 

    "So I found another cancer center to look at." Miles says after a while of listening to music and some playful banter. He has been sending me to cancer centers. He is convinced that we will find one that can help cure me. 

    "Really? Miles just give up already. I am going to die. No one can save me."

    "That isn't true."  

    "Yes, it is. I have already been through this."
    "Just one more hospital, please?"
    "Ugh fine. But it won't make a difference."
    "You're going that's all I ask."
    "Yeah yeah whatever." He laughs and I park the car. We get out and he gives me a piggy back ride into the restaurant.
    "What is it with you and giving me piggy back rides?"
    "I like the look on people's faces."
    "Yeah it's pretty priceless." I say nodding and laughing. He sits me down in the booth.
    "The norm?"
    "Yep."
    "Mkay."
    A minute later he walks back with my usual. A potato and cheese burrito with hot sauce and HI-C to drink.
    "So I was thinking I have this Allegiant tour coming up. Would you come with me? And then when we get back we can go to that clinic."
    "You don't have to do that."
    "Do what?"
    "Bring me with you."
    "I don't have to. But I want to. B I want you there with me. This movie would be completely screwed up of it weren't for you. I think you deserve to come, and so does everyone else."
    "I don't know M. I mean I have school and Kaitlyn needs me here."
    "I can get your schoolwork and Kaitlyn can talk to you on the phone if she needs something."
    "I can't Miles."
    "Please?" He asks me giving me the puppy dog eyes.
    "No." I say crossing my arms.
    "Pretty please with a cherry on top?" He asks now quivering his lip.
    "Ugh fine just stop looking at me like that."
    "What, too much for you?"
    "Yeah. Are you sure you weren't a salesman before?"
    "Yeah I'm sure. Why?"
    "Because you could talk a virgin out of her panties." He laughs.
    "Where did you get that saying?"
    "My mom."
    "Interesting." I nod and get back to eating my giant burrito.

~ One week later~

    "What should I pack?" I ask Miles over the phone. He is at his apartment with Theo, they are roomies, and of course I procrastinated with packing.
    "Something comfortable. Shailene says she wants to bring you shopping for premier clothes when we get to L.A."
    "Okay." I hear someone knock on the door. "I have to go." I say.
    "Mkay talk to you later."
    "Bye M."
    "Bye B."
    I smile and hang up the phone. I go to the front door and answer it. As I open the door I almost start crying. This can't be happening.