Chapter Eighteen

I can't believe it's him. I thought I left him behind me. Shane was a piece of the past yet here he was standing right in front of me.

    I stare at him for a moment completely awe struck before I realised that he was really here and he smelled like alcohol.

    "How did you find me? Why are you here?" I ask him.

    "I looked you guys up online. I want to apologise for what I did to you guys. It was wrong and I feel terrible."

    I slam the door in his face.

    "Come on Bri let's hang out like old times." Shane shouts through the door.

    "Get the hell away from my house and my family."

    "Fine then have it your way." I didn't expect him to just walk away so I lock the door right in time for him to try to open it. Once he realizes it's locked he tries breaking the door down.

    I run to my room hearing the thumps on the front door. I hide under the bed. This can't be happening. I suddenly remember my phone in my pocket and pull it out and call the first person on my contact list.

    "Yello?"

    "Ansel. Ansel I need help NOW!!!!"

    "I'm on my way. What happened?" I am about to answer when I hear the door break.

    "Just hurry." I whisper before hanging up. His feet search the house. He checks every room and every closet. I pray that my mom doesn't get back any time soon.

    Suddenly I hear his feet stop by the bed. I don't dare to even breath. It feels like everything is going on slow motion. He bends down and looks under the bed his cold blue eyes catching me. All I can think is I am going to die.

    "There you are." He says grinning and grabbing my arm pulling me out from under the bed.

    "Please don't hurt me."

    "I don't want to hurt you." He says. Yeah right. He smiles and turns around. I take the opportunity to run for it. I am at the front door by the time he catches me. He bear hugs me from behind.

    "Where do you think you're going?"

    "Away from you." I say.

    I remember how to get out of this good from krav maga, my self defense class. I drop and hit him in the balls until he loosens his grip. Then I turn around and knee him a few times. He falls to the ground in pain.

    I turn back to the door and see Ansel looking at me as if I was resurrected. I run forward and when I am just outside the door I hear the click of a gun and a loud bang. I turn back around and see Shane holding a gun and my mom's motionless body on the floor.