Chapter 56: V.I.P

I turned back my gaze at the stunning scenery overlooking here from the cliff. Nakabibinging katahimikan ang bumalot sa buong paligid. Tunog at ingay lang ng mga kuliglig ang halos maririnig mo. An awkward reunion with your ex-lover after so many years, I didn't even imagine that this day will come.

Before we are completely covered with all the awkwardness, I heard Elise cleared her troat.

"You.. uhm.. you look perfect tonight." She managed to uttered while her eyes are still glued unto me.

"Thanks, I guess?" I replied. "You, on the other hand, hindi ka parin nagbabago." I smiled.

"I know right? My love will want me to stay the same." She smiled back. Love? Are they using the same endearment that we used before? Bahagya kong iniwas ang paningin sa kanya dahil bigla akong nakaramdam ng pagkailang.

"She's gorgeously hot and she's too strict, very moody, terrifying when get mad but I love her a lot. I love everything about her." She smiled even bigger now. I don't want to hear her brag about Steph. But damn, I miss her so much.

"And why do you have to tell me about your wife?" Tumitig lang ito sa akin na para bang nagulat sa sinabi ko at walang balak na sagutin ang tanong ko.

"Well, I think it has nothing to do with me so, if you'll excuse me.." With that I walked passed at her in an attempt to go back in my car pero mabilis din niyang naiharang ang sarili niya sa daraanan ko. I can smell her fragrant body at this proximity. Gusto ko siyang yakapin ng sobrang higpit.

"I tried to find you everywhere and I failed, but what do you think the reason we are crossing our path here again tonight?" Naging seryoso bigla ang tono ng pananalita niya. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. Why do we have to see each other again?

"I'm going home." I said in a low tone of voice. Sakto naman at biglang tumunog ang phone ko na nasa bulsa ko. I already know who.

"Is this the surprise you are talking about? I'm sorry but I don't like it." Mabilis na sabi ko pagkasagot na pagkasagot ko ng tawag neto.

"Why are you so stubborn, Claire? Sorry but you're the one who disappeared for so long, just hear what she has to say." Kate uttered. Tulad ng hinala ko, setup lang ang lahat.

"You knew my reason and I'm not going to explain it again, not now and never!" I exclaimed. Madilim ang paligid ngunit nahagip ng mga mata ko ang mapupulang mga labi ni Elise dahil sa malamlam na sinag ng buwan at ilaw na nanggagaling sa siyudad. It's inviting me.

"You don't have enough fuel." I snapped out of my thoughts hearing what Kate said.

"Wait, what?!" I panicked.

"Hindi ka makaalis diyan unless you uses Elise's car so don't be stubborn and talk to her." *beep* I can't helped but sighed at the moment.

"Now what?!" Sarkastikong tanong ko kay Elise. I know that I am the one who disappeared, we hurt each other in the process but I am doing this because I don't want to be selfish.

I don't want to talk to her because I don't know until when will I be able to endure my longing for her. I don't even deserves to talk to her. Wala akong mukhang maihaharap sa kanya.

"Come back to me Claire." Walang paligoy ligoy na sabi naman ni Elise.

"What kind of play is this? Ha Elise?" She looks so confused with my question.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you even here? Did you plan this together with Kate? Stop it already El, everything that happened between us is long over when I gave you up. Do not forgive me, I don't deserve that and I'm not expecting you to do so, so please, let's both move on." I seriously uttered.