Lavender (3 hours left)

"I brought you food honey," A soft voice arose me from my light sleep in my nest. I opened my glowing violet eyes, and at once both orbs rested upon the large powerful body of Major, my loving mate. His smile drew from one side of his beak to the other while his wings folded in, motioning towards me. In his beak was a medium-sized dinosaur of some sort that I didn't really recognize at once, but alas, he placed it in the nest, like resting a napkin in my lap. He seemed so strong and heroic with the sun blazing from behind as he looked at me, spreading his wings like a giant blanket of warmth. I stared at the delicacy and then realized that half of it was already eaten. 

I looked up at Major with a sophisticated stare.

"Where's the other half?" I wondered, picking up the half he placed before me and gobbled it down my throat.

"Well, I sort of ate it on the way," He chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my gosh you're hilarious Major," I giggled, then smiled.

"How're my little flyers doing?" He grinned, floating his wing over my enlarged breast.

"They're doing fine. I feel their eggs starting to develop. I'd say, about six eggs coming," I rested my head back, rubbing my pregnant sphere.

"I'm glad," Major deeply rumbled, "They'll be looking just like you and me."

"Uh yeah," I rolled my eyes, "I hope so!" Then we both laughed, until I had to stop, feeling the stress on my belly. Major still treated me like a constant feeder, and immediately, I knew his next question.

"Do you want me to grab anything for you?" He asked, "There's a pile of baby dinosaurs I could pick up for you. Don't want you to starve now-"

"Honey," I stopped him short, "I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me. Plus, I could fly too, it's not like a lump of rocks are going to throw me down."

"Are you sure? Major wondered, rubbing his large beak, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't be hurt, I could come too!" I smiled. Then Major came closer, resting his beak on my head, and I blushed in love.

"I promise you my lovely Lavender, that I'll protect you, no matter what. And that you're more beautiful than the sun and flowers that surround this valley."

"Awww," I gasped, fluttering my eyes, "You're not so bad yourself muscle man." Major looked at me as if I was a dessert that he couldn't have, but was dying to have anyway.

"I'll be back in a few Lavender," He said, later on, nudging me, "You don't have to do anything, I'll get the stuff for you."

"Don't hurt yourself now! And don't bring me back half!" I giggled before he took off flying, his arms spread wide as his wings supported his lift, and the wind dragged him away into the forest. The view from the nest was spectacular, and seeing everything is like believing everything. And I knew, I believed almost everything. I then looked up and frowned. There was a bright red dot in the sky, like a second sun growing bigger and bigger. And finally, the worry spread on my face. What was it that was approaching from the sky?