Lavender (4 days after)

I flew for what seemed like days. Actually, it was days. Many days. The ocean spread out in front of me like a blanket, summoned to suck anything that flies in or out of it. And I might be next. My wings were slowly healing themselves, but not fast enough. Any sudden movement from flight would throw me in a nose-down dive into the ocean, or perhaps lose my focus onto the direction needed to fly. I was exhausted. And even worse, the eggs inside me were finishing development. It was time to lay them all. As I looked about in mid-air for a hint of land, all I spotted was a blue ocean wider than the earth itself, with small puffy clouds that silently floated over the vast blue sea, drawing shadows upon its surface. The darkness from the impact 3 days ago still lingered in the air. Not a single burst of light from the sun touched Earth. The winds slowly died down, and the waves of the oceans slowly deceased, along with all the wildlife in the sea. I flapped my wings a bit, feeling a little wobbly in mid-air, until I really felt drowsiness and pain erupt all over me. The struggle to keep in flight was beyond difficult, and after 6 struggling reawakenings, I slowly began to descend down. Until someone came to my aid. I recalled squeezing my eyes in pain, with my vision going blurry, when another flyer in the distance appeared out of thin air. I squinted hard to glance clearly at the flyer as he approached me, flapping his own wings at his own heartbeat, which was way faster than mine. He looked smaller than me, and his scales were dark brown compared to my purplish colors. He turn a full 90 degree turn, until he ended up really close to me, about a few feet away from my left wing. I gritted my beak as a spasm of pain struck my belly, and that was the first thing the Pterodactyl noticed.

    "Hey, are you alright Miss?" He cried over the air blowing in our face, "You don't look so good!"

    "I'm fine-" Another spasm shook me hard, and I let out a small squeak of pain from my beak. I was breathing really hard, and everything around me was fuzzing up.

    "You sure?" The flyer called, then changed up the subject, "You look awfully tired. There's land where I live, and it's not far from here. You could follow me, and I'll help you out if you want."

    "Okay, sure," I immediately rasped, "Yes, please, thank you." The pterosaur nodded, then turned sharp left. I followed his lead, using his splitstream as a resting point for my flying, and after an hour passing by, I found land. Beautiful land. An island to be precise, flowing with green plants and rivers that ended as waterfalls to the ocean. It seemed.....untouched. The pterodactyl landed first in a tree, then hopped over to a very large nest. I landed next, a little unsteady at first, but succeeded in getting into the nest. I let out a gasp of pain and air, finally taking in warm air and a clear atmosphere into my lungs. My vision cleared up from there, and everything went back to normal.

    "Oh my gosh," I breathed, smiling, "I thought I'd never land."

    "Well now that you did, do you feel better?" He wondered. I nodded out of breath.

    "Much," I dipped my head, "Thanks." He looked over at me, impressed by my height and size, then noticed my wings.

    "What happened to your wings?" He pointed to them, still containing the holes inside them. I flapped them weakly, then sighed.

    "The fireball threw a cloud at me and my mate while we were flying. The glass cut through our wings and, they're like this," I flapped them again like rag dolls in the air.

    "Where is your mate?" He asked curiously. I wished he hadn't have asked that. I looked down in deep grief.

    "Dead," I muttered, "He died in the cloud."

    "I'm so sorry to hear about that," He whispered, "It must've been bad."

    "What about you?" I wondered, "You seem fine."