Stella (The Clock Part 3)

LOL, I feel as though this story is more of a countdown to finish the story rather than a countdown to the end of the dinosaurs. I had some personal issues in the past few days, so this chapter may not be the best, but the next chapter after (teased The 33rd Day) will be destructive and sad. Hope you're ready for what's next to come!

This is also a long chapter so you could also see why I took so long into making this :D

I was sure that more than 5 minutes had passed when I finally moved again.

That was 5 minutes after Whiteclaw's death.

My muscles ached when I pulled away from the Deinonychus's lifeless body, following with the sound of dripping water. Cold blood slipped down my arm muscles, like ice melting in the spring, then expanded wide in the water where it hitched a ride with the smaller waves. My eyes were wet and red, burning wide with pounding veins within each white circle, and salt drying the smooth eye bags below.

I sighed as I stared at the lost dinosaur.

Whiteclaw looked so calm, even in death as of now. Scarlet liquid still dribbled from his mouth and injury, but unlike normal raptors, his mouth wasn't curled in a snarl, or showed his fight against death. Rather, his face was calm, eyes closed, and jaws a bit open, where his teeth still flickered in its own light. His tail reminded me of azaleas frozen in the cold snap breath of winter, laying spiralled and pointed towards his pubis and underbelly. Even regardless for the seconds that I stared at him, I could almost imagine seeing him breathe, or blink.

But I knew that he was far from breathing.

I bit back tears once again, and stared down at the bloody water instead, focusing my mind off the horrible fact that he was gone.

That I couldn't do anything about it.

Perhaps it was his destiny. To die.

And the same went for Shadow, who I couldn't find either.

'What do I do?' I thought in pain, rocking myself slightly back and forth on the cool earth, 'What do I do? Shadow's dead. Whiteclaw's dead.'

'I was trapped.'

Even with the orb inside the clock, I doubted that it was open at all. Perhaps it was just there, waiting for something to pry it open. If only that was possible without turning.....shadow.

After a while of staring at the glowing clock with an orb on its outside, I felt a crazy idea flick on.

Could it bring them back?

No, another part of me screeched, 'That's called suicide. It almost killed you last time!'

That was true.

But how could I live knowing that two of my best friends, who were more like family despite their differences, died because of this? To not even be able to see the other side?

"No," I swallowed hard, "I'm not leaving here without them. I promised them I'd get them back....and I can't break my promise."

I stood up from the shallow waters, breathing deep, and found myself walking towards the glowing clock, eyes locked on the golden light upon its surface.

Bring them back....

But could this thing bring them back?

For Clock's take time away, like an ebbing pain in your chest, never to return until death.....but could it restore as well?