Stella (31 days after)

MAN, these chapters are getting harder and harder to make LOL. Hopefully I don't run out of ideas just yet. My outline itself is struggling, so if this chapter seems a bit weak, its because I didn't know how to make it...suspenseful yet. It actually wasn't supposed to be completed like this, so another chapter is coming thereafter this one!

Another thing, I have a TON of story ideas that I never got to make in my past. I might just make a short story that explains some story ideas that people could take if they like!

Anyways, enjoy!

"Whiteclaw!!" I roared with the heaviest heart possible, weakly dragging all four paws across the hot sandy surface. I coughed hard as smoke slipped their way through my nostrils, slowly suffocating my lungs and my soul as I fought my own dying body. Fires raged all over the world from my perspective, and glowed brighter than the stars that birthed them in the beginning of time. Each flickered their own way, dancing with other sparks in the distance.

Surely they knew how to survive. How to adapt.

How to live.

We were the total opposite.

My eyes lowered as I followed the Deinonychus's footprints through a burning hell, brushing past some dead ferns and bushes. Hunger was beyond control as of now, and despite the fact that I could ignore my own hunger, it wouldn't last forever. I've been collapsing constantly, falling apart before my very eyes, crumbling by my bones and deteriorating muscles. But I had to keep going.

Just to see another day.

Just to survive this world.

The ground shook again, forcing me to stop. Rocks and plants jerked and jiggled around, while my knees bent and straightened on the quaking earth, until finally it stopped.

I've started to adapt to earthquakes too.

But I knew, and I think everybody else knew, that it would only get worse.

That death was only a few days away.

Perhaps even less.

I found myself in a smoke-filled forest, scraping my scales on some dead trees and burning plants. The footprints grew fresh after a while, until quickly, they led right to a tree. My eyes lifted from the ground slowly, and cleared the hot heated watered eyes that protected my baked eyeballs.

Where an albino deinonychus laid.

A breath of relief flooded my veins, and with a slight smile, I twisted my head, motioning it towards the cave.

"C'mon Whiteclaw....you can't stay here forever y'know."

But the carnivore never stirred.

"Whiteclaw? We got to go..."

Again, he didn't move.

A huge explosion rocked the terrain to my left, knocking down the corpses of evergreens, to fall ugly like rocks to the earth. I spun my frill to the side to watch the light die into fresh sparks of fire, then steam up as darkness fell over their fiery souls with ease.

"Let's go! Everybody's worried!" That was a lie. I think everybody hates him right now. Or maybe they were slightly worried. But then again, the Deinonychus never stirred, just laid on his knees, staring downwards to the roots of the huge tree. Another loud blast and quake rumbled through my toes, and worry flooded my heart.

"Whiteclaw?" I muttered, tilting my head to the side as if I was searching for his face. But as the silence dawned on my body, I knew that he wouldn't dare turn around. The ground thundered again, wobbling the earth, and I had to plant my feet into the soil to not fall.